Height restrictions

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

First post and first flight today......took the Phantom to a huge open area, played about for a wile, was truly amazed at the ease of handling but kept getting a "you've reached your height limit" message around 390ft. I am assuming this is because it was in Sat Nav mode. can i flick the Switch 1 on the right to take it out of Sat Nav mode when i am around the 400ft altitude to then go higher?

Apologies for any dumb questions but i am a new at this.

Aberdeen Dave, you can change the max height and distance settings in the Phantom Assistant application. It looks like you've hit whatever max settings are set right now. I believe 400 ft is the default max height.

SilentAV8R said:
Worth taking a quick look through the manual. It has ALL kinds of interesting information in it, including info about the flight limits.

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... 1.6_en.pdf

See page 30.

You can adjust the limits using the Phantom Assistant software on your computer.

That will be the Phantom Assistant software that is only supported by Windows.....thats not annoying at all!!!!!

Cheers msinger,

Mac does not seem to have been the preferred choice which is odd considering that Asia and the US are the target markets.

Not trying to be a jerk, but it is a little bit disquieting that you launched your first flights without taking the time to do some bit of study to understand your aircraft. The Phantom Assistant program is vital for ensuring your Phantom is up to date and properly calibrated. Same with the RC software for the transmitter. I use a Mac, and never had an issue with any of the DJI software.

Please pause for a few moments to read up a bit, learn the software and then take baby steps flying your new Phantom!!

Good advice Silent,

I guess i was just so excited to get it up in the air that and on reflection i neglected to read it all through first. I will take on board your advice....cheers.

Do you have any idea what are the maximum height restrictions in the area you are flying? The default is set to 400ft because that is a common restriction where aircraft may be operating. Be aware of safety with your quad.

Aberdeen Dave, don't feel bad. I'm betting the majority of Phantom owners take their first flight after doing nothing but charging a battery.

In the UK it is illegal to go above 400ft. Check out the CAA rules. If you use Google site search on this forum you will find lots of stuff on the UK regulations. Be safe.

Aberdeen Dave, thanks for now being an informed pilot. I must confess, I did the same thing on my first flight and then read the manual while recharging.

rickasaurus said:
Do you have any idea what are the maximum height restrictions in the area you are flying? The default is set to 400ft because that is a common restriction where aircraft may be operating. Be aware of safety with your quad.

400 isn't the default though you can set it to that

I never fly over 400 feet as the phantom is already a spec at that high and i always bring it down when I hear a full size plane anyway

Dave: check this post out, I did a summary of the rules a while back as I was struggling to see through the mud and succeeded to create a little mud of my own. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14532

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik