Height Restriction of 500m

You can disable the 500m limit easily. You can SSH to the bird, the root password for P3 is "00297463". Change to the directory /etc/config/ and edit the file zoneconfig.xml
The file contains all the no-fly zones, their coordinates, and you can also enable/disable flyzone checking. The 500m limit can be removed by changing the 1 to 0 at <RelativeAltitudeLimitEnable>1</RelativeAltitudeLimitEnable>
then save the file, and powercycle the bird. Then fly as high as you like!

Can anyone confirm if this works or not?Don't suppose there is a video of it anywhere on youtube so a newbie like me can understand?!

I just had to click the link. Thankfully my daughter wasn't around. Not cool at all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hopefully you didn't see the same picture I saw from the other thread that has been vaprorized.

It's a real shame :-(

It is the equivalent of having a Ferrari in my opinion - in the UK your Ferrari is restricted to 70mph (no problem, its the law), but on the Autobahn in Germany, in some areas there are no speed limits and you can drive your ferrari how you please.

For me in Dubai, there are no restrictions at the moment, yet I have to abide by the guidelines of other countries, seems strange to me why this can be manually changed, or, the software/firmware can't be country specific :-(

Very few areas with no speed limit. And BMW has electronic speed limiters on all its cars, including the ///M.

There is a law in the FAR's that prohibits an aircraft, any aircraft from entering Controlled airspace without certain types of equipment, certs and operating criteria.. Just FYI BTW.

:p

Use to flight high power rockets and it wasn't unheard of to fly to 90,000 feet MSL Had to have a waver for the FAA though

In countries where there are no laws about heights of flying drones is it possible to change the 500m restriction somehow?

- I dont live in the UK or the States (currently live in Dubai) and as the law stands I could fly the drone higher than 500m and not be breaking the law (if I was allowed to by DJI).

Is it impossible to do this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik