Height recognition

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just bought a P3A and being a photographer thought I would try it out from above.
However reading the posts here there seem to be a lot about loosing ones bird....
I have seen a video clip of a skier using follow me and the drone does not follow the skier down the hill at say 30ft above him. It seems that it will not fly below its take off height.
Being new , and now broke, I am not yet game to try and thought someone out there would know the answer.
Can I fly below my take off point or will my drone stop and because I am pulling down on the stick shut the bird off and it then crashes to the ground 100's of metres below?

Thanks for the help.

Tobs

Yes you can fly the drone below your take-off point. In the video you are talking about, they are using "activetrack" probably not a good choice for skiing. Active track will not automatically adjust for height and so will not fly below take off point.

Thanks for that makes me feel a bit more relaxed in attempting some canyon flying.

Try the autopilot app. You can load a free app on his phone (called airspace), and it will follow your subject with dynamic altitude.

Try the autopilot app. You can load a free app on his phone (called airspace), and it will follow your subject with dynamic altitude.
Thanks Barry, does that App work in conjunction with the DJI App?

In place of. A lot of people talk about Litchi on this forum. I have enjoyed AutoPilot. Whatever app you use, your problem is solved by a dynamic altitude setting

And be willing to give it some time and experience in flying. YouTube has a ton of helpful videos

Thanks Barry, does that App work in conjunction with the DJI App?
No app works with the Go app.
There are a couple of alternative apps that add extra features but you should first learn how to fly with the DJI Go app before complicating things with alternatives.
For many flyers, there's no need for an alternative because the Go app is very good.
WHen you know how to use the Phantom properly, you can move on to an alternative if you need any of the extras they add.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj