Height on my P4P off

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new to flying drones so one of the things that I thought I would do is to see how tall the items around me while flying like street lights, tress, power lines. There is a street light next to my driveway and so I decided to see how tall it was first. This is when I noticed that the app was saying that the street light was 38' tall and the tree near by was 93' tall. I knew this was incorrect and so I decided to land the drone and when I landed it on the driveway it said that I was -13'. Of course all where wrong, but this concerns me what if I was relying on these to fly at the time. I might have made a fatal mistake. I needed to get a new battery anyway so I turned it off and changed the battery and this is when it reset and had the correct hieghts. Is there something I did wrong to get this to happen or was it just a one time fluck? Now I am checking this every time I fly.

Reactions: Droneted and PhatHD
The same thing happened to me when I calibrated the compass and changed a bunch of settings. Removed battery and then it was fine after. I would just make sure ur bird is on the ground where u will take off from and make sure it's true height. Good luck hope it doesn't happen again to either of us.

There are a lot of posts on incorrect height measurements. It uses the barometer (air pressure) which is not very accurate, so small deviations are common.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl