Height of Waypoints?

Reaction score
Hi, I have a very simple question regarding the setting of the height of a waypoint whether using the DJI GO App or any of the other 3rd Party apps (e.g., Litchi, AutoPilot). Is the height relative to the location of the waypoint or the location of the Remote Controller? Thank you...Sam

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

For DJI GO, it's the height from the takeoff point.

Last edited:
Thank you for your prompt response.

Keep in mind the fact that the altitude readings may be well off. Don't set your waypoint heights too low. You should give yourself at least 10 plus meters of room below to ensure you don't hit the ground and crash. Not saying it will be that far off but it may vary a good bit and its bette to be safe. Good luck.

Hi, I have a very simple question regarding the setting of the height of a waypoint whether using the DJI GO App or any of the other 3rd Party apps (e.g., Litchi, AutoPilot). Is the height relative to the location of the waypoint or the location of the Remote Controller?
In Autopilot it depends on what answers you provide during the Engage Sequence. If you answer moving operator / changing altitude it will be relative to your iOS device.

Great tips and suggestions. Thank you everyone. I look forward to giving UgCS a try.

Always welcome new ideas. Thank you very much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik