Height needed to recover from csc mid air?

It is hard to do in the simulator. I have tried a few times and not succeeded unless I was well over 500 feet.

Don't do it is my advice.

I did see some guys drop one from a drone and try to fire up the engines and fly . Engines did start but the flight controller could not correct the position of the phantom once it was upside down. Crashed and busted into a thousand pieces..

I did see some guys drop one from a drone and try to fire up the engines and fly . Engines did start but the flight controller could not correct the position of the phantom once it was upside down. Crashed and busted into a thousand pieces..

I think I saw the same video on YouTube. He explained after it did not work that he would have to build a different holding mech that would allow p3 to spool up before release.

Have you ever tried to put your car in reverse while driving forward?
Nope... Can't say that I have tried to put my car in reverse while moving forward. I'm not a mechanic but I'm thinking if you were able to do that it may result in some sort of mechanical failure.... As you are not supposed to do that.....

Ohhhhhh I see what you did there!

Reactions: CaptPhantom
Nope... Can't say that I have tried to put my car in reverse while moving forward. I'm not a mechanic but I'm thinking if you were able to do that it may result in some sort of mechanical failure.... As you are not supposed to do that.....

Ohhhhhh I see what you did there!
Here is the thing... combination stick command isnt a unique to phantom feature, its a deliberate universal action to start and stop motors on rc models and given the potential consequences designed to be very hard to do accidentally. That was my point. I cant think of a manouver in flight that would get your sticks in that position.

The video was a demo of the myth that you can reset your HP at a greater altitude thus increasing max altitude. Did not go well.

I saw a YouTube video once. Guy tried twice. Once failed. Another time made it.

I saw a YouTube video once. Guy tried twice. Once failed. Another time made it.
It's a matter of luck & skill. I would try something like full throttle and hoping that it will position properly. Next try would be yaw or pitch on 50%, if not then 100% with full throttle if i have altitude to play with. Next would be seeing P3 in lots of pieces somewhere on the ground.

As surprising as this sounds, it happens a lot. It even made it on DJI's top 10 list of pilot errors -- which is compiled from flight logs they reviewed.
As an engineer, I was taught to view every failure (even if it could be blamed on the operator) as an opportunity to improve the product. We never used the words "problem" or "failure." We were taught to call them opportunities.
This list of "pilot errors" includes several items which could be completely avoided with a simple design change. If you can blame the customer, and they accept this and buy another of your product, then I guess its actually good for business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers