Height needed to recover from csc mid air?

Reaction score
Just curious.. but does anyone know the height needed to potentially recover from csc mid air?

It's not a good idea to attempt this. You will not recover from it.

What is csc?
CSC is what you do to start your motors -- and, to stop them in emergency situations. When turning off your motors after landing, it's best to hold the left stick down for 3-5 seconds. A CSC will work too, but it sometimes causes the Phantom to tip over.

Got it.

I would advise everyone not to try this. You will trash your Phantom.

Someone tried it some months ago. I don't recall how high they were, but it was a total failure.

Oh yeah people have done it only none survived to tell the tale...
You're not supposed to sit on the Phantom. They don't like it much.

I think there was a link to someone who supposedly recovered at 600 feet or similar. It does appear that the frequency that you can recover from an inflight CSC event is rather low.

Do you feel lucky?

The biggest question is...
Will props start up again if the phantom rocking from side, spinning upside down in a free fall.
Someone will need to Mythbust by hanging a P2/P3 upside down and starting props.

I ask this question as I know the Inspire 1 will not take off if it detects motion, like on a boat.

I think the height to recover without totally destroying your phantom is about 4 inches agl. It probably want destroy your bird.

Reactions: Meta4
I'm confident the motors will fire up but question the ability of the flight controller to regain controlled flight from a tumbling free fall. Imagine the gyro & compass data being fed to the FC?

The biggest question is...
Will props start up again if the phantom rocking from side, spinning upside down in a free fall.
Someone will need to Mythbust by hanging a P2/P3 upside down and starting props.

I ask this question as I know the Inspire 1 will not take off if it detects motion, like on a boat.

It has been done with the P2 but I haven't heard of any successful attempts with a P3.
It might work ... and it might not.
If you do, you'll need quite a bit more altitude than 400 feet though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic