Height data

Reaction score
Flying today height varied a lot after a couple times up 30 ft back down
to 2 ft app shows 4 ft. Next time fly around a little up down forward whatever
app will be at 6 ft landed reset home point all data is zero ft fly around and same thing happens mostly distance to ground bird is right at home point still data says
4 to 5 ft off
Any help welcome
Thanks in advance

Distances/heights indicated in the app are approximate but should be close to actual distances.
GPS is not accurate to the inch and will usually be a couple of feet out.
If you have significant height errors, try recalibrating your IMU on a level surface.

When flying below ~30 feet, you should also see the altitude detected by the VPS. That will often be more accurate.

It will probably be off again, but mine does the same thing. It's just a estimate

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I definitely can confirm this behavior. I have complained many times about this, but there is no solution until today. They have very lame excuses for this. The more you talk about it, the more BS you will read.

I definitely can confirm this behavior. I have complained many times about this, but there is no solution until today. They have very lame excuses for this. The more you talk about it, the more BS you will read.
Well? What is the solution?

There is none currently until next firmware update we hope (heard something about from DJI EU) , in the meantime be prepared to cancel RTH to finalize landing if the bird is descending too fast when coming close to the ground (possibly connected to altitude readings issue as discussed in other threads).

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl