Height and orientation relative to objects..need tips

Reaction score
I'm looking for any tips one may have regarding determining how to position ones P2 (non vision) relative to objects one wishes to photograph. Without FPV it's a royal pain to get the height and perspective orientation correct. I was attempting to film some wind turbines today and only recorded a sorry mess.

Honestly the best advice I can give you is to simply practice.

But since you are probably looking for more, go to a kids football field. Hover it at the goal line. Walk to the various yard lines to get a feel for the distance perspective. For height I guess you could fly along side a building and note the various height and what the look like perspective wise.

I tried to go without FPV for a while but essentially you'll never get your shots perfect until you can see exactly what he camera sees... as in live FPV.
The good news is a completely no-solder very easy solution is under $500, closer to 400 if you cut some corners

If you want to photograph or video objects with straight lines (eg buildings), you should also switch your GoPro to "Medium" field of view. This will eliminate the "fisheye" effects you get with the wider FOVs.

CoppellDarryl said:
Honestly the best advice I can give you is to simply practice.

But since you are probably looking for more, go to a kids football field. Hover it at the goal line. Walk to the various yard lines to get a feel for the distance perspective. For height I guess you could fly along side a building and note the various height and what the look like perspective wise.
Both very good answers ! :D

Always go higher then you think that you need. Since the camera are at a little angle downwards you need to be above the the object you photograph.
If you are far away you need to go even higher.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers