heeelppp i reset my Gimbal and now is dead.

Reaction score
I reset my gimbal from the front pins and now i am supose to update firmware .. how do i update gimbal firmware on Phantom II not vision ... gimbal assistant doesnt see gimbal on my phantom USB heeelppp

Great. now I have the same problem. Asst. software will not see any updates and my gimbal is hosed.

Resetting the gimbal by jumping the pins on the board should only be done when the gimbal is dead (completely limp) after a firmware upgrade. Doing it when the gimbal still has any movement (like when it's just unbalanced) will usually kill it and I haven't seen any way to save it after that. I found this out the hard way too :(

Jeff Clack said:
Great. now I have the same problem. Asst. software will not see any updates and my gimbal is hosed.

OK here is the fix. After you do the pin method factory reset...do NOT turn the battery off. Put the camera back in , tighten it down and plug in your USB cable and the gimbal update will show up on the Assistant software!!

Jeff Clack said:
Jeff Clack said:

OK here is the fix. After you do the pin method factory reset...do NOT turn the battery off. Put the camera back in , tighten it down and plug in your USB cable and the gimbal update will show up on the Assistant software!!

Yeah, i allso got my old h3-3d back alive.
this how i got it working after few attempts..

p2 connected to assistant software--pins shorted--power up p2--red-yellow light in gimbal--release pin shorting "cable"--
gimbal show up in assistant--update gimbal in assistant--power cycle p2, remember to put gopro back to gimbal before powering up.

h3-3d & assistant vers. 3.06

there is still some issues with my h3-3d becase damages in crash, but its not dead anymore :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1