Heavy Phantom? Share your gain settings!

Reaction score
Just like the topic implies, I am curious as to what your custom gain settings are, along with the mods of your Phantom. For example, my phantom has an arris cm2000 gimbal, gopro H3b, fat shark dominator fpv, and carbon fiber props that are 8.5 inches and exact shape as the stock props.

My Phantom just doesn't fly quite stable anymore and I'm convinced that between the added weight and CF props, that perhaps I should adjust the gain settings in the naza software. Decending is particularly scary as the phontom now likes to drop like a rock out of the sky. It has also become much harder to maintain a steady hover on both the X and Y axis. Any advise would be appreciated.

I'm still trying to grasp how gains affect things.
i might one day try to take mine out and use my X1 channel to try to dial everything in,. they say crank up the gains until you get oscillation and then turn it back 10%.

I've also noticed that since adding my Arris that my Phantom flies funkier (I have APC slowfly props on mine),
seems I can't quire maintain a hover, it either wants to go up slowly or go down slowly!

Gizmo3000 said:
I'm still trying to grasp how gains affect things.
i might one day try to take mine out and use my X1 channel to try to dial everything in,. they say crank up the gains until you get oscillation and then turn it back 10%.

I've also noticed that since adding my Arris that my Phantom flies funkier (I have APC slowfly props on mine),
seems I can't quire maintain a hover, it either wants to go up slowly or go down slowly!

Exactly. Mine is the same way. Undoubtedly the center of balance is WAY off now with our cm2000, and that's having an adverse effect.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj