Heard of the app HOVER? Reviews, thoughts?

Reaction score
I stumbled across the app hover, I was wondering if anyone has used it...it seems pretty inclusive. It tells the weather, wind; and no fly zones and warns you when you are in a no fly zone, winds are high or weather is poor.

Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use it all the time. It's a great little app

Its pretty accurate. I always check it against another weather app and average the two if theyre far off.

A new update for the Hover app came out and they really added a bunch of nice stuff to it
8c214e8ae2aa259d5d6bbe61b326e263.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does it now do wind speed depending on height? Or just ground level?

I know UAV does!

Reactions: mikecorn1
There was a thread a day or two ago. The OP put his craft on a GS waypoints mission. He had the hover app which told him his flight path was fine. But at some distance the aircraft began to drop for no apparent reason. Turns out he flew into a no fly zone and the Hover app didn't give him a clue. Just sayin'

Reactions: Jussaguy
Interesting. I haven't done the waypoint flights yet. But it's great to know. Thanks

It only show wind speed at ground level

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is. I downloaded the uav forecast app. That is way better so far

I have both - Hover tells me there's an airport on the outskirts of my rural town with a NFZ, yet UAV tells me there are no NFZ's in my area.

Reactions: Jussaguy
Just noticed with Hover that you can only check weather and details for your current location...there is a map to look up other locations but there doesn't seem to be a way to check the weather/wind etc for somewhere else unless you physically go there, whereas with UAV you can.

Reactions: jason thomas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4