Healthydrones becoming a subscription service?

At first I thought it was great and uploaded every flight to it. However, for real analysis, there are much better options, like using @BudWalker's DatCon and using the files in dashware. There really is some great information available that these guys have managed to extract.

Litchi automatically uploads the files, but I haven't uploaded any Go logs for a while now. I think that's because the system isn't really telling me anything that I really want to know. I see that battery voltage (which I believe to be the single most important factor in determining the battery effectiveness) is a forthcoming addition, but the battery indicator as it exists on the site today, isn't really that much use at all. In fact, it could be argued that it causes a fair bit of scaring of users!

The number of flights will be limited to 15 in the free version. Who looks back at older ones anyway? Now that the 'newness' of it has waned, coupled with the fact that it really isn't telling me great information, means that I probably won't be subscribing.

It is my understanding ...when he FAA goes from 333 to 107 all your logs could very well grandfather you in to the 107 with very little effort.

Heathydrones is a great sight, looks great and a lot of hard work went into it. Personally though, I think the price point is around $20/year (not $44 and not $35)

I also can't see anyone buying Pro for $330/year. If nothing else, it should at least be unlimited uploads for that price.

Again, heathydrones is a great site and I'm hoping people do pay for the service. My view is that it's more of a novelty then really useful information. As such, I'd probably just let the old flights delete and keep the free service. I'd certainly pay $15-$20/year for the lite service.

Lastly, I think it might be a good idea for Eran to explain what some of the services are that are being sold on the upper price plans. I think knowing what you are paying for is something people want before they pay.
You are spot on the price point...the pro is very pricey

[COMMENT]It is my understanding ...when he FAA goes from 333 to 107 all your logs could very well grandfather you in to the 107 with very little effort.[/COMMENT]
What does that mean exactly?

Hi @skitchen8 , the regular battery health analysis, Battery Cell deviations, Efficiency/minutes per battery/miles per battery, temperature etc, which are all under the Power section of each flight, is for an unlimited amount of batteries. The quota outlined per plan is for the fairly new "BATTERY" section, right under "MY LOGS". This section includes various trend analysis, history per battery and will soon include maintenance information. This newer battery section will only be available under the Gold and Pro packages, whereas the Power section of each flight will be available for all plans. I hope this helps.

Thanks Eran, for being here and helping explain. My major drone use will be during training and conditioning of my birds, so I would only need a few of months of upgraded (Gold) use each year. I need to be able to view the wind conditions, as it directly effects their flight. If I'm uploading in the free version, then upgrade my membership, are the older logs then visible? I see that 30 days is archived, so anything over 30 days is gone?

Last edited:
We are announcing our updated plans! Thank you for the hundreds of emails, comments and forum posts. It's wonderful to see how much you care, and we are listening!

We have added features and flights as well as introduced lower pricing for a limited time with discounts up to 50%. The coupons are still valid as well, so please take a minute and review our new plans! HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

i love how everyone was quick to offer to pay for the service when it was free, but many now complain that it is too expensive now that Eran is charging. if you don't like the price, then don't pay it. no one is holding a gun to your head. they will either change their prices, increase the services offered, or go out of business. i find it very distasteful to bash a guy for trying to make a buck for a service that he created on his own and offered for free for months. move along or message Eran directly if you aren't interested in paying for the service.

I very much agree with your comment. I think Eran has done a marvelous job. There may be something its equal (for free) but I have not found it nor have I seen anyone making a suggestion that it exists. The continuing free service will still be great for my use and I am trying to decide if any of the paid tiers are something that I would want.

For me one of the problems is that I live in Wisconsin and I can't fly year round up here so the annual pass won't work for me. What happens to my data if I quit paying my month to month?

Bashing the paid tiers is not the way to go... Vote with your feet... err your fingers.. pay or use the free or forget about it. In the end it is still a marvelous website and very helpful.

Reactions: J0ck0
To the many who signed up with the older plans, you will get a refund or credit (depending on yearly vs. monthly plans) and your account will be assigned to the new plans automatically. Please allow a couple of days for us to move you, and you will soon get a detailed email about it.

I have two drones, a P3S and a P3P. Can you shed some light on how that might be handled on the lite plan? Or, would I need to do the gold plan?

We are announcing our updated plans! Thank you for the hundreds of emails, comments and forum posts. It's wonderful to see how much you care, and we are listening!

We have added features and flights as well as introduced lower pricing for a limited time with discounts up to 50%. The coupons are still valid as well, so please take a minute and review our new plans! HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Awesome news. These prices are more reasonable now.

I just upgraded to the Gold plan!

Yeah, I would need to Gold plan to use the service as I already have over 200 flights loaded. Now the price is much more reasonable so I think it's the way to go. Thanks Eran for listening to everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: m0j0
To the many who signed up with the older plans, you will get a refund or credit (depending on yearly vs. monthly plans) and your account will be assigned to the new plans automatically. Please allow a couple of days for us to move you, and you will soon get a detailed email about it.
Great stuff. Thanks for looking after those who signed up also.

i love how everyone was quick to offer to pay for the service when it was free, but many now complain that it is too expensive now that Eran is charging. if you don't like the price, then don't pay it. no one is holding a gun to your head. they will either change their prices, increase the services offered, or go out of business. i find it very distasteful to bash a guy for trying to make a buck for a service that he created on his own and offered for free for months. move along or message Eran directly if you aren't interested in paying for the service.

One of the problem I have is that Eran didn't do this all by himself. Yes, he did most of the work but without the contribution of flight logs from hundreds, if not thousands, of users, this would not have been the same result. It would have been much, much more difficult to pull this off with just logs from his own flight. So in a way, those of us who have contributed logs to this effort from its early days should have a say in the DISCUSSION that all of us should be able to see, not just private messages to Eran himself.

With that said, the pricing has gotten more reasonable from the crazy levels before but I personally won't be subscribing as the value is not there for me personally. Rather, this is the push I needed to make my own tool to read the logs and dat files (I think HD only supports the log files at the moment anyways). It'll be a good learning experience either way. If I make enough progress with it, I may just dump it on GitHub and share with the world.

Reactions: Hebrews12v2
Agreed, I think that adding a one time fee or adding a reasonable yearly price would have him keep everyone he has right now. There should be a lite (very limited maybe something that shows you all the features for 1 log but doesn't allow you to save your flight) free version and then a paid version for say $10 / year. Even with the new prices the cost vs value scale had bottomed out on the cost side and I'm guessing he will lose the majority of his accounts. People will still use the free version here and there but with bud walkers dash ware profile and other people building their own tools he had effectively shot healthy drones in the foot.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Agreed, I think that adding a one time fee or adding a reasonable yearly price would have him keep everyone he has right now. There should be a lite (very limited maybe something that shows you all the features for 1 log but doesn't allow you to save your flight) free version and then a paid version for say $10 / year. Even with the new prices the cost vs value scale had bottomed out on the cost side and I'm guessing he will lose the majority of his accounts. People will still use the free version here and there but with bud walkers dash ware profile and other people building their own tools he had effectively shot healthy drones in the foot.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Funny you mentioned this because as soon as I made that post, I went out to see what's already out there... no need to reinvent the wheel so to speak and I found a bunch of stuff from other enthusiasts. I'm sure they'll give me a ton of cool ideas for my own app. I don't know yet how much of that is usable but we'll see. It'll be trivial to use Google Maps with the lat/long data. I just have to see what's in the log files vs dat files.

I noticed that Bud did his in Java and others have thought about Python like I did. Python will make it easy to make it web enabled and still possible to package as an Android app using PySide with QML. Java is a natural for Android. I'm still thinking about web vs. app based... not sure though as that means I may have to dust off the Objective-C stuff or start to learn Swift.

This is a fair price. As I said earlier if the prices were reasonable I would sign up. I'm signing up today for the gold package.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can you include PayPal as an option for payment? Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj