Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Healthydrones becoming a subscription service?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by FiveOh, Feb 15, 2016.

1. FiveOh

Did I miss something? Is this new? I just noticed a pricing plan on their site today.

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

It's time to pay the bills :)

3. FiveOh

I guess so. I was a little surprised so much was available for free.

4. tcope

Great service. Certainly worth some form of compensation. Not worth $4/month for what you'd get.

Forester and Skypicswa like this.
  5. fordruid

Good business. I respect them, they showed their value and now they are getting compensated. How many threads include 'what did Healthy Drones' say?

BigAl07 and Ed209 like this.
  6. Ed209

Totally agree. As long as they don't go crazy on the price. It brings great value but gotta keep it reasonable.

7. Juhead

I am surprised that DJI don't have a subscription service like healthy drones.

TJay likes this.
  8. Flying pug

I will be signing up for to the gold as its a great service.

9. fordruid

Okay, checked it out. See no problem with it.

10. happydays

At first I thought it was great and uploaded every flight to it. However, for real analysis, there are much better options, like using @BudWalker's DatCon and using the files in dashware. There really is some great information available that these guys have managed to extract.

Litchi automatically uploads the files, but I haven't uploaded any Go logs for a while now. I think that's because the system isn't really telling me anything that I really want to know. I see that battery voltage (which I believe to be the single most important factor in determining the battery effectiveness) is a forthcoming addition, but the battery indicator as it exists on the site today, isn't really that much use at all. In fact, it could be argued that it causes a fair bit of scaring of users!

The number of flights will be limited to 15 in the free version. Who looks back at older ones anyway? Now that the 'newness' of it has waned, coupled with the fact that it really isn't telling me great information, means that I probably won't be subscribing.

ianwood and KyleMaxxUAV like this.
  11. msinger

Approved Vendor

What do you really want to know? (I'm building a log viewer, so I'm curious.)

12. KyleMaxxUAV

Approved Vendor

Sign me up if your log viewer is going public plz !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

FiveOh likes this.
  13. FiveOh

+1

14. happydays

No problem - battery voltage in each cell, obviously, in real time. Variations (in real time) between individual cells. Total current draw. The relationship between stick inputs and actions. Motor RPM and load for all four motors. Mod values, ascent and descent rates, horizontal speed. Which mode the craft was in at the time. Satellite count. Battery temperature. IMU temperature. Altitude, both in relation to sea level and take off point.

The things that make assessing what went wrong in the event of a crash useful. IMHO, healthydrones doesn't address these. That said, it's working on the information that is stored in Flight logs in the app - whereas for the 'useful stuff' the .DAT file has to be retrieved. But that's where the real information is. And using budwalker's data converter and dumping the file into luap's dashware is very easy once you have retrieved the .DAT file.

mcphipps, ianwood and Flying pug like this.
  15. Flying pug

Sounds like it would be very useful.

16. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

+1 for BudWalkers .DAT file tools.

There's some useful information on healthy drones but I don't agree with their assumptions on their algorithms. I prefer to have raw data that I can draw my own conclusions with.

ebf likes this.
  17. msinger

Approved Vendor

Can you give us some specific examples?

18. Yeager74

Yeah healthydrones was great for free.. As a pay-ware, it is not good enough!

P3P W323B GL300C, APP V.2.5.1, AIRCRAFT V.1.6.40, RC V.1.5.70, AUTOPILOT V3.0A.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

pe9999 and KyleMaxxUAV like this.
  19. alokbhargava

I'm happy that msinger has initiated steps to develop an alternative to HealthyDrones. Thx.

HealthyDrones have done a great job. Given help to so many to understand the real issues.

B- Scene Films likes this.
  20. tcope

Heathydrones is a great sight, looks great and a lot of hard work went into it. Personally though, I think the price point is around $20/year (not $44 and not $35)

I also can't see anyone buying Pro for $330/year. If nothing else, it should at least be unlimited uploads for that price.

Again, heathydrones is a great site and I'm hoping people do pay for the service. My view is that it's more of a novelty then really useful information. As such, I'd probably just let the old flights delete and keep the free service. I'd certainly pay $15-$20/year for the lite service.

Lastly, I think it might be a good idea for Eran to explain what some of the services are that are being sold on the upper price plans. I think knowing what you are paying for is something people want before they pay.

Strick, Hebrews12v2 and nhoover like this.