Upgraded the controller Yes
HDMI cable is correct size goes to goggles and controller Yes
Cable from tablet to controller Yes
Connected cable to the top of the goggles and inserted battery Yes
I can see the setup screen Yes
I can see HDMI in the upper right corner Yes
I have a blue screen Yes
P3 is on and I see the camera view in the tablet YES

All I see is a blue screen on the Headplay.

Any help? Thinking I have a bad controller board from DJI at least at the HDMI output.

If you have the hdmi plugged in, you will see the option right below output quality setting. I think you click on HD to get that screen

If you have the hdmi plugged in, you will see the option right below output quality setting. I think you click on HD to get that screen
Can you reply with a go here then go here? I went through it all 3 times and can't find anything for output quality setting.

by default if you module is working, it is set to display on both. If you dont see this option at all, then your module is not connected properly. I got my headplay yesterday and they worked right out of the gate. I may try the other lens that came with them as i heard it may be better. Its pretty easy and i had to order a mini hdmi adapter, as well as an hdmi to hdmi mini for the other side. I did not see where i could get a straight through hdmi mini cable, do they even make them?

press the far right on top of the tablet, when all the options come up, press the HD button on the left and scroll the channel selection area and you will see the 2 different options for the output. They have it where you can set to display on both hdmi and tablet or phone, and they have it where you can have OSD or not, i kind of liked it with no OSD(on screen display)

press the far right on top of the tablet, when all the options come up, press the HD button on the left and scroll the channel selection area and you will see the 2 different options for the output. They have it where you can set to display on both hdmi and tablet or phone, and they have it where you can have OSD or not, i kind of liked it with no OSD(on screen display)
That helped. Not there for me. My gut feeling tells me to go back and take apart the controller board and re-install it.

just be careful and make sure the 2 ribbon cables are in far enough. you should see the options in the dji go app right away.

I had same issue. Blue screen on HDMI.
Finally realised the HDMI plug was not properly connected to the headplay Plug has to be horizontal into the headplay -mine was slightly skewed and appeared to be connected well but it wasn't.
If you think yours is properly connected , try connecting the HSDMI cable to your TVs setupbox or whatever HDMI source you have. Headplay is actually quite amazing to watch TV:)
If TV works and you still have no image when connecting to the P3 then follow this video to install the module.
At the end of the video it states that you should hear a beep when pressing the C1+C2 switch which indicates module is properly installed.
Hope this helps.

oh i didnt do the beep, thankfully mine worked without much effort. Just was able to try out a little flying with the goggles and were very nice.

wanted to add - my plug was the amazon basics mini hdmi to hdmi and the plug was kind of rectangle and was only able to fit on the headplay one way, meaning a perfect fit, slid right in, and i put the mini hdmi male to hdmi adapter side i put on the controller and good to go.

I believe at this point my controller board at least at the HDMI side is bad. I took it apart and made sure the ribbon cables were good. Then connected everything to the TV. Still no signal.

Time to connect DJI for a replacement???

hp3.jpg

hp4.jpg

Hello got same problem and a solution.
USB ist fixed solidly on the board - whereas the hdmi is not. It is connected via a socket on the board to a plug on the backcover.
So if the usb is working this means the board has been installed correctly esp. the ribbon-cables.
So take out those four 1.5 mm hex screws.
Then take the backcover off and start reassembling by first threading in the various connection ports and then pressing the backcover lid down making sure You get a solid seat
of the hdmi plug into the corresponding socket on the board.
Good luck !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20