Headplay HD with Phantom P4

Reaction score
Have just got my headplay HD goggles and I am tring to figure out what the diamond towards the top of the screen is for. Sorry if it is obvious but I am new at this.
I am also wondering how you guys know where you are at at any one time as there is no small map like on the ipad to show where you are and direction heading.
Thanks all

I really do wish they would do a "radar" like dji go simply so you could easily see where the bird is relative to you so you could adjust and turn to face it - that really matters at long range!

I really do wish they would do a "radar" like dji go simply so you could easily see where the bird is relative to you so you could adjust and turn to face it - that really matters at long range!

I guess you are referring to the Litchi app and I have a separate blog on this sight asking for the OSD of that app. I have seen what I think is the OSD and it does not seem to have the "Radar" as the DJI go has

The OSD graphics from the HDMI board seem a little limited compared to the app. but the hardware in the remote/HDMI board is probably not powerfull enough to deliver high resolution/full color graphic overlay radar screens.

Anyway, the diamond points to home, so it does the job?

All I'm talking about is the "radar" in DJI Go where not only can you see which direction the bird is facing but also where it is relative to you, both relative distance and direction. This gives great situational awareness as well as the ability to physically turn your RC to point to the bird, thus getting the best signal and thus max possible range. The arrow Litchi gives in FPV does show you which direction the RC is relative to the bird, but doesn't tell you which direction to point your RC for max range :(

All I'm talking about is the "radar" in DJI Go where not only can you see which direction the bird is facing but also where it is relative to you, both relative distance and direction. This gives great situational awareness as well as the ability to physically turn your RC to point to the bird, thus getting the best signal and thus max possible range. The arrow Litchi gives in FPV does show you which direction the RC is relative to the bird, but doesn't tell you which direction to point your RC for max range :(

That is very interesting and extremely important, hopefully the litchi app will be improved very soon as it has other strengths that are better than the Dji Go app from what I can see.

I started to use K1 Shield and HeadPlay goggles for the past week. Love it! amazing feeling and looks like great combination.

I started to use K1 Shield and HeadPlay goggles for the past week. Love it! amazing feeling and looks like great combination.
The HeadPlay is connected to the HDMI-out on the Shield? No issues with lag or parts of the screen not properly displayed through the HeadPlay?

The HeadPlay is connected to the HDMI-out on the Shield? No issues with lag or parts of the screen not properly displayed through the HeadPlay?

yes HDMI out, no issues, no lag. whatever on the screen same thing is in the goggles. P4 light bridge has 220 ms lag already, no extra lag. i tested whole setup with my friend following P4. around my house. i was able to fly between trees in small area, with avoidance turned off.

Reactions: Phantomic
In the center bottom of your headplay you have a azimute reading that displays the degree from 0 to 360 to where your quad is in relation to you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik