Headplay HD dreaded back order

Reaction score
I purchased a set of these back in August from Drones etc. I asked them yesterday for an update as they were on "back order". The response I got was "its unknown how long it will take". So...... here a question I have for you guys. Has anyone ordered and received theirs lately? Are they worth the wait? Or should I cancel my order and look else where? Ive never owned a set of fpv goggles before. I did install the HDMI module. This unknown date has me worried. I have seen on some posts that some people have orders from june and still haven't received them. What to do.... what to do....

I purchased a set of these back in August from Drones etc. I asked them yesterday for an update as they were on "back order". The response I got was "its unknown how long it will take". So...... here a question I have for you guys. Has anyone ordered and received theirs lately? Are they worth the wait? Or should I cancel my order and look else where? Ive never owned a set of fpv goggles before. I did install the HDMI module. This unknown date has me worried. I have seen on some posts that some people have orders from june and still haven't received them. What to do.... what to do....

HP's are very popular. Only a few US dealers are actually receiving stock on a direct basis, and smaller dealers are waiting a long time. It took me months to receive my set of HP's...longer because I wanted them in white which is the most popular color.

I like my HP's a great deal. I also have a set of the new FatShark Dominator V3 goggles. The Dominators have a less immersive viewing experience but better eye relief for my eyes and are easier to transport.

Goggle preference is a very personal thing. Since these will be your first FPV goggles I recommend trying to seek out the local FPV racers and pilots near by and ask to try on what they are using. They will most likely be flying Dominator V2's or Skyzone goggles for general FPV flying and mini quad racing. It's best to try as many different goggles as possible and see what you like. Some folks find they have strong preferences others find the FPV experience unsettling.

I don't see the back-order situation for HP's easing until the end of the year. By that time both the new Dominator V3's and the new Dominator HD V2's will have general availability from stock and the demand for the HP's will settle down. Remember that the HP's were first to market with a good price point and the HP's include a generic 32 channel 5.8GHz VRx for general FPV use...hence the strong demand.

The FatShark Dominator V3's have just started shipping in the US and should be available from larger FPV dealers very soon.

This being said, HP's are starting to show up used in various classified ads...be patient and look around and you'll find a set.

BTW...you may want to check out the threads over at RCG for more information on both the HP's and the new FS goggles.

:harry

Reactions: badbeerbreath
This is my expected delivery date-- via FEDEX from China--
Estimated delivery :
Wed 23/09/2015 by 20:00-- However-- I just ran the tracking number and it doesn't show that it shipped, was supposed to go out on 9/18. Ordered from Aircraft World, Chinese company who said they were in stock... wait and see.

I received mine today. Ordered on the 15th. I have another thread looking for a charger since AirCraft World doesn't supply one.

Reactions: repmip
I received mine today. Ordered on the 15th. I have another thread looking for a charger since AirCraft World doesn't supply one.
Then there is still hope for Wednesday delivery:D since mine was ordered on the 18th. Like to have it for the weekend-- going to be camera hunting for wild life at a game ranch.

Sweet! Yea mine didn't update after they gave me a tracking number. It wasn't until saturday that I knew it would arrive today.

Did yours arrive? What are you doing for a battery charger?
Yeh mine arrived weeks ago and are loving them.I'm just using a lipo charger i got off ebay cheap and works great. iMAX B6 Lipo NiMh Li-ion Ni-Cd RC Battery Balance Digital Charger Discharger OK
Recommend getting a lipo alarm with adjustable voltage as the headplay will shut off at 6volt..I got one of these adjustable ones works great.1S-8S Lipo Battery Buzzer Alarm Low Voltage Tester indicator ADJUSTIBLE VOLTAGE
And get your self a balance extension lead like this 2S 7.4v Lipo Balance Wire Extension Lead 20cm JST XH FPV charging cable
Then you can have your voltage monitor wherever you like.

Yeh mine arrived weeks ago and are loving them.I'm just using a lipo charger i got off ebay cheap and works great. iMAX B6 Lipo NiMh Li-ion Ni-Cd RC Battery Balance Digital Charger Discharger OK
Recommend getting a lipo alarm with adjustable voltage as the headplay will shut off at 6volt..I got one of these adjustable ones works great.1S-8S Lipo Battery Buzzer Alarm Low Voltage Tester indicator ADJUSTIBLE VOLTAGE
And get your self a balance extension lead like this 2S 7.4v Lipo Balance Wire Extension Lead 20cm JST XH FPV charging cable
Then you can have your voltage monitor wherever you like.

How does this alarm connect to the battery while in use? What cable is needed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers