headlight for Phantom

Reaction score
I know I saw it here somewhere but I can't find it. I'm talking about the bright white led light that mounts on battery door . Anyone here use them? Is it worth the trouble? I think the light would make it easier to see the orientation when out a ways.

I got one of these things at the dollar store and it gets the job done for me, you just clip it on and away you go. Also if you go down somewhere and the battery pops out, it would stay on and make it a little easier to find your quad! :cool:
New-Mini-LED-Clip-on-Spot-Book-Light-For-desktop-688.jpg

Monte55 said:
What is the weight?

not sure, I'll have to weight it out when I get home. It's very light though. here's an older vid of it on my phantom, it's a daytime flight so it's kinda hard to see but you get the idea.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOQ0udLYd18[/youtube]

Yeah, it only seems bright if facing you directly. Probably because it's focused like a flashlight. What is in the hanging bag?

It's a case with speakers on the outside, and my phone on the inside that's playing music from Pandora radio. One of the many things I sent up in the air last summer just for fun.

Monte55 said:
I think a can of silly string that could be activated on a quad would be fun.

That would be pretty cool, I might try to rig something up when I get home. I'll be sure to post a video if I figure it out. I actually just made a removable bomb drop just a couple of days ago, but it's kinda heavy. Still has good potential for pranks around the house. Here's a quick video of it, I modified it a little more since this video so everything is neatly tucked into the box, and it drops from the side now, but it still uses the same concept. Can't drop anything too heavy though, mostly things like pens, paperclips, etc. The goal was to drop an arrow on a target while using the fc40 camera to line up the shot, but it might be a while before I finish that little mission. I wonder if there's any laws for hunting deer from the sky? ;)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Ylmm2qPLQ[/youtube]

Hey Woody, :D

That's cool. Can you share anymore info, so maybe I can score one of those?

Thanks

I bought mine from Amazon. Mmtheyagree are a circular disc, with many flat LEDs on them. The back has Velcro and it comes with a round disc with velcro on one side with adhesive on the other side.

It is meant to mount on the opposite side from the battery. It has wires, with insulation stripped off and bent to slip over the internal battery contacts. One downside is the battery cover will have to be altered for the wires to come out, or open the shell to run the wires. I choose to solder the connections.

Did I say VERY bright? It is visible in daylight and it weighs VERY little. It is also available in Blue or multi-color, with a remote to change colors. It is infrared, like a TV remote, so you can control it in the air, but it has to be within 10-15 feet. This is a guesstimate as I only tested mine. I intend to install mine when installing my video transmitter, IOSD, antenna, etc.

PhantomFanatic, are you referring to this one? If not, can you post a link to yours?

Last edited:
Close Encounters. Excellent. :cool:

Thanks Woody

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20