Headed to DJI for repair.

Reaction score
Hello,
Phantom 3 Advance owner here, trying to help a friend with a Vision Plus Video problem. I sent it in to DJI for diagnostics and was wondering about a couple things. Wanted some input from anyone who has sent one in.
It has the WiFi (no video) issue, but also has a gimble obstruction error. Props had some dirt on them, looks like he may have tipped or hard landed it. He told me it had not been "crashed". Could anyone tell me what they were charged when sending in? Was anyone ever offered a discount on a Phantom 3 Standard maybe? I see many posts on the P3 side indicating refurbished units are sometime sent back also, does that happen with the P2's also?

Thanks for taking the time.
Dave

DJI charges $65/hr for repairs plus parts of course. I found this out after being incorrectly charged for a warranty issue.

If it's en-route to Carson Ca., don't expect to see any activity in the online repair tracking for at least 3 business days AFTER it's indicated as received. Not sure how the east coast facility flows.

Hope this helps. :)

It is going to CA even though I am on the East Coast. Got 1 email saying cost might only be shipping if choosing no on the repair cost, but got another saying it could be $65 an hour for diagnostics if choosing not to repair it. So we will see. I am hopeful the Wifi fix is free since I have read so many complaints on that issue.

Well, I received the estimate today from DJI and it is not good news! They want to charge $293 for all repairs. While I don't disagree with them finding other things wrong, I do have an issue with DJI charging $159 for the WiFi module when there are so many reports of these being defective. I have already emailed them back asking very politely to please remove the $159 charge for a part known to have failure issues. I will be happy to pay $134 for them to repair all other items found to be wrong.
For $399 and new P3S can be had, so I won't be paying $293 for repair on a Vision 2. How do I convince DJI I should not pay for the WiFi module?
Time will tell...

Looks like the bird is coming back in the same shape it went there in! DJI will not repair the WiFi module when out of warranty. The user does not want to pay that much money for a 2 year old unit. Now I will find out if they are charging the $65 to have looked at it.
I also asked if there were any discounts to be had if buying a new model, hopeful for him!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4