Head Tracking - Set-Up with H3-3d Gimbal - Tilt function lim

Reaction score
Hey guys my current set-up is as follows:
DJI 550 with Naza M V1 but upgraded to V2 firmware
DJI H3-3D with external GCU and PMU
DX8 with FatShark Attitude goggles

I have the DJI h3-3d working properly and also have the head-tracking set-up and working with my dx8. However, I can only get the head tracking to work with TILT which is ran to X1 on the Naza M controller (going to AUX3 on ar8000 - knob on radio).

I have tried both F1 (Roll) and F2 (pitch) going from NAZA-M to AUX1 on the ar8000 in order to move the camera LEFT/RIGHT with head-tracking but it will not work. I have set-up the Trainer so that both AUX3 and AUX1 are slaves. Aux3 TILT is working perfect.

When I connect to the H3-3d DJI Gimbal Assistant 1.1 it will only show me Tilt. Is the h3-3d limited to only head-tracking with tilt? Or am I doing something incorrectly?

Re: Head Tracking - Set-Up with H3-3d Gimbal - Tilt function

As far as I know it's not possible to directly control the yaw axis on the H3-3D. I admit I've never tried to set up head-tracking with it, but I don't know of any other setup that will let you control the gimbal on that axis.

The H3-3D is permanently fixed in follow mode with a deadband around centre of approx +/- 5 degrees on the yaw axis.

This can not be altered or controlled. What you want to do can not be achieved with a H3-3D.

You could try one of these based on the Alexmos GCU with 3rd axis extension. That will do what you are after (assuming you wire it correctly).

See here -> http://www.hobby-wing.com/arris-cm3000-gopro-hero3-brushless-motor-gimbal.html

The Editor said:

+1

If you need a 3-axis gimbal and the H3-3D doesn't fit the bill for you, I'd say the next best option is the CM3000...I was very pleased with their 2-axis version I own (CM2000) and came very close to getting the 3000 as well. I settled on getting the H3-3D just for its lighter weight and simplicity of connections, but the CM3000 is a great gimbal and it's been around long enough that it's in (I think) the 3rd-generation of revisions by now.

Yup - I have one sitting here on my desk next to me!

Excellent gimbal and VERY configurable. Way more so than the H3-3D.

They actually have the 'Pro' version available now (based on the same Alexmos architecture) which allows full 360 degree yaw with AV feed through slip rings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20