Head play goggles

Reaction score
I need help. My phandom three pro works perfect. I got the new HDMI module. But when I plug in my new head play goggles my image transmission settings go from green to all red. My radio channel quality goes to poor. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
I need help. My phandom three pro works perfect. I got the new HDMI module. But when I plug in my new head play goggles my image transmission settings go from green to all red. My radio channel quality goes to poor. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Looks like you compatability issue here as the goggles work on a frequency of 5.8GHz while the P3 operates on a frequency of 2.4GHz.

Looks like you compatability issue here as the goggles work on a frequency of 5.8GHz while the P3 operates on a frequency of 2.4GHz.
You know I just don't understand, I just got done watching all of these tutorials showing how well head play goggles work with the Phantom three professional. I don't understand what's going on.

I have no idea which video you watched but check this video out .It appears you need use HDMI type-c cable and without specs it's hard to say if the HDMI on the adapter is standard or the micro

I have no idea which video you watched but check this video out .It appears you need use HDMI type-c cable and without specs it's hard to say if the HDMI on the adapter is standard or the micro
First of all, let me say thank you for showing interest. I watch that video before. Like I said my fandom three is beautiful works fine. When I hook up the head play goggles, I get that beautiful picture. I apologize for not making that clear to you. But as soon as the picture appears on my head play goggles instantly my image transmission settings which are supposed to be mostly green turn all red. Then the radio channel quality instantly goes to poor and I get a yellow light that says strong interference please be cautious in long-distance flight. This is what scares me. I apologize for not making myself more clear.

Guess maybe you should contact the manufacture for an answer. The only problem I see with using any goggles is that you have no peripheral vision and in the US their illegal to use even if you had a spotter (Public Law 112-95, section 336)..

Guess maybe you should contact the manufacture for an answer. The only problem I see with using any goggles is that you have no peripheral vision and in the US their illegal to use even if you had a spotter (Public Law 112-95, section 336)..
Actually, I'm a little surprised that no one else out there has a pair of head play goggles and Phantom three professional. Talk to range video they don't know what the problem is. Other than that I don't know who the manufacturer is.

Actually, I'm a little surprised that no one else out there has a pair of head play goggles and Phantom three professional. Talk to range video they don't know what the problem is. Other than that I don't know who the manufacturer is.

Well that should be on the or the lit that came with it. I know some have posted here but I was interested enough to see what equipment they were using it with.

I have some Headplay hd black and white goggles unused if anyone interested ?

Hi Kim Hubbard
I was interested to read your comments about the HeadPlay goggles.
I hope I can help you.
I have a Phantom 3 Advance and also changed the module so I could use the Head Play, I purchased the red one
late last year.
I bought the correct HDMI cable for it and changed the HeadPlay to the HDMI screen and it works fantastic have
had no problems flying with it and have a very clear sharp picture.
If you have also taken all these steps and still does not work then as suggested you should talk to Dji or the HeadPlay people.
I hope you can resolve this as these HeadPlay goggles are great.
As a bit of additional information I have also set up a monitor for in the field which is a 23.6 inch led TV connected to a 12volt battery
one of those compact gel type and I get 3 hours of viewing and using my Phantom 3 Advance I connect the HDMI cable (the same one
as used for my Head Play goggles) from the transmitter to the TV and bingo perfect clear picture. I am telling you this to indicate the
two ways I use it with no problems so it could be the Head Play goggles as the problem, just a thought.

Cheers, JV

question:
is it possible to fly with p3P with only headplay connect on hdmi and no smartphone connected.?
thanks

question:
is it possible to fly with p3P with only headplay connect on hdmi and no smartphone connected.?
thanks
How would you run the app without the smartphone or tablet?

How would you run the app without the smartphone or tablet?
the hdmi image is generate by the modul hdmi
the setting of the app is implanted on drone when you do setting
all fonction is in hardware RTH etc.
the proov is that the app crash the drone fly again

I try it now
It s work
start your P3P without smartphon It s start normaly like I think
I answer mysself to my question!!

Hi did3d, your question has been answered but I would like to add one more thing to consider which is that
if you cut out the phone or tablet connected to you transmitter you loose a lot of vital telemetry data as the HDMI
connection to the goggles does not show all of it.
When flying with the goggles on and you have a problem and need information which is only available on your
phone or tablet it will take time to switch on and reconnect to your transmitter which is a distraction and may be
too late and you have a accident (hope not).
cheers.

Thanks for the video link. I am trying to decide which goggles to purchase and I think I am going with the Head Plays.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj