Hdr / long exposure pictures

Reaction score
1) Do you take HDR and long exposure pictures with gps or atti mode?
2) How many photos you usually take when shooting HDR? In my opinion 3 usually isn't enough at all.

/villep

3 is usually the minimum. In photography you can take 5, 7 or 9 photos depending on how much dynamic range you want. There isn't a correct way of shooting HDR, but there is a preferred way.

One well taken RAW file can have enough information to produce a decent HDR image. So 3 should be sufficient if you take your shots right.

Yes, in photography it is easy, beacause camera can stand still with tripod. I opened this thread beacause im not sure how many shots or how long exposure is possible to take with drone not moving...:)
Sure wind etc. affects that and that's why asked, do you shoot with gps or atti mode...?

Last edited:
i took this picture with hdr and it came out pretty cool. on a regular picture the bottom came out real dark

Attachments

• DJI_0092-HDR.jpg
    DJI_0092-HDR.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,074
Reactions: bobmyers
how long an exposure you can get away with will depend on how good your IMU cal was, how much wind, and other variables, and that will change with each outing. Shoot in DNG mode and you can adjust the exposure a bit there is more lattitude to adjust. I usually find 3 shots is enough but sometimes 5 is better, it depends on the dynamic range you are trying to capture, again it is variable. Best thing is experiment and find what works best for you and what is acceptable.

Alan

In atti your drone will drift with the wind so always in gps (p) mode. As mentioned shoot in raw / dng and use a program like lightroom. You will be amazed what a difference it makes. One shot will usually be enough, especially at night. Otherwise three will probably be ok.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1