HDMI with Phantom 3 today! (iPhone / iPad only - Lightning connect)

Reaction score
There is a way to get HDMI output with an iPhone / IPad today! Apple has a adapter that works with the Lightning connector devices (tested with an iPhone 5s, 6 Plus and an iPad Air 2). The adapter is a Lightning Digital AV Adapter which retails for $49 USD. This works! The little dispaly is my iPhone 6 Plus and the big screen is my Samsung 50 inch Plasma.
IMG_0489.JPG

interesting are you getting live feed ?

there was a discussion last week on this and they thought the video was only one way

also check the lag, the connector is supposed to be using some sort of wireless transmission to do hdmi.

This will not work, the lightning adapter does NOT pass data, only power. Once you plug in your controller it will charge the phone but not connect as there is no data path. This connector was meant to charge your phone or tablet while you were watching a movie and didn't need a data connection. I tried this right after getting my P3 and was disappointed it would not pass the data.

Reactions: Sammynels
Acer Iconia tablets are fairly inexpensive AND they have HDMI output AND they work well with Pilot App. Lag is present but acceptable.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the adapter will work with the p3 4k and standard becuase they use a wifi video downlink, so no cable to your ipad/iphone would be needed, allowing for the adapter to still function with its hdmi out to a separate device or tv

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1