HDMI upgrade w/ In Car TV install

Reaction score
Just got the hdmi upgrade board installed and mounted a TV in my Jeep for client viewing. Project turned out great! So nice to have a larger screen while flying.

Are you getting output to both your tablet or iPad plus to the tv from the HDMI PORT?

I see the sub destroying the TV. But cool either way.
It should be fine. I'm sure my home theatre powered subs pack more of a punch right under my much larger screen and it's been fine for a few years. I could be more worried about the weight of the screen on that arm while driving around for a few hundred miles of road. When I read the thread title I pictured something like a 52" screen that filled the whole hatch area. haha That would be awesome. Just sit down in your lawn chair and watch the FPV. Sweet.

Reactions: III% Streve
It should be fine. I'm sure my home theatre powered subs pack more of a punch right under my much larger screen and it's been fine for a few years. I could be more worried about the weight of the screen on that arm while driving around for a few hundred miles of road. When I read the thread title I pictured something like a 52" screen that filled the whole hatch area. haha That would be awesome. Just sit down in your lawn chair and watch the FPV. Sweet.

I may go bigger eventually but already had this TV I wasn't using

Ok I'm only getting output to one or the other but not both at the same time. I'm running the current FW and app is up to date. Using an iPad mini 2, (new Apple lighting cable) and a new HDMI cable too. No new settings that I can see in the app. Any one have an idea?
Thanks for your time!

Double check that all the cables are firmly seated, iI had an issue initially with it not being seated and was getting no videopad output on either screen

Thanks robb01, reseated all looks good still only getting output on the iPad until I plug In the HDMI then iPad screen goes to a gray screen and the TV shows an image with telemetry info.

I don't have one, but I think I read that there is a setting to keep the app display on or not in there somewhere. I'll see if I can find that post...

P3 HDMI Module problems | DJI Phantom Quadcopter Forum

It doesn't mirror the phone screen or any screen. It has an OSD overlay to the video output giving you the telemetry data you need to fly without the full app. Unhook your HDMI and go back into the GO App on your phone and look under the HD transmission settings. There's an option there to turn off your phone or tablet screen when connected to an HDMI source.

Thank you! Acherman I will try this tonight and let everyone know.
FWIW, I think they said to have the remote and P3 powered on and connected, HDMI disconnected, and go the HD settings in the app. I'm not sure if remote or P3 firmware versions have anything to do with it.

FWIW, I think they said to have the remote and P3 powered on and connected, HDMI disconnected, and go the HD settings in the app. I'm not sure if remote or P3 firmware versions have anything to do with it.

I have discovered that it works just as you pointed out. Also note that the transmitter and iPad are plugged in as normal BUT THE APP HAS NOT BEEN STARTED YET! Seems to be the key here, then I plugged in the HDMI cable and started the app then the selections for the video sliders appeared below the channel grid I call it, this happens whether a signal is present from the TV or not maybe the card senses the cable perhaps, I hope this helps someone. Thank you for listening to my question and helping me.

Reactions: acherman
I can see a bit of telemetry on the TV. Is it possible to remove it completely? also, what is the length of your HDMI cable?
Thanks. S.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj