Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

HDMI output with H3-3D possible or not?

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by helishmeli, May 29, 2016.

1. helishmeli

I haven't flown my P2 in months, and today when I powered it up I see that the new GoPro update eliminated the live video out for USB.

Does anyone know if there is a cable that allows use of the HDMI out port on the H3-3D?

2. Mako79

I think GoPro has addressed that issue and fixed it on a firmware release.

If not..
    Get some thin tape. Unclip the USB component on the flex cable. Tape up the top contacts of the flex cable and leave only the 2 lower pins on the flex cable exposed. The 2 lower pins is visual. This will stop the H33D from charging the gopro and it will make the interference lines disappear. Just remember to always have a fully charged gopro battery. If the battery dies, so will your fpv.

3. helishmeli

So you're saying as long as there is no power to the USB, the gopro won't know about it?

4. jason

If you have a GoPro 3+ silver or black you can rollback to v2.0 which open the USB port once again. This is the site where you can download the firmware you need for your camera.

Drivers filed under: GoPro HERO3+ Camera Firmware

If you do not have the instructions on how to load this firmware then get a copy from GP site and follow it to the letter including putting all files into a UPDATE FILE and dragging that file to your SD card. Many here have had the same problem with GP update v3.0and this rollback does work.

There is no other work around to fully restore this screwup by GoPro.

5. Mako79

The moment the USB port detects a charge, it will disable the video out.
    I think GoPro did this intentionally to DJI. Franky at DJI seem to have pissed off GoPro as it seems GoPro have been trying to limit DJI from using any of there ports.

There is another option. It's the long way around though..
    If you have a Hero 4, look into doing the Hero rear 30pin hack. This is allows easy access to the SD card and you no longer damage the side flex cable. The only problem is that you need to find an LCD bacpac for 5 seconds. This re-activates the video out on the 30pin rear port.
    I have a Hero 4 black working on a H33D. Have a look here:
    P2VPlus with H3-3D 1.0 and GoPro 4 Hero Black

6. jason

BULL!!!

There's no problem with the Hero 4 line nor the HERO 3 line of cameras. The USB port was effect when when they came out with latest version of firmware for the Hero 3+ line of cameras but rolling back to v2.0 resolves the problem as long as the individual follows instructions..

7. Mako79

That's what I don't get. Why would you disable the USB TV out feature on the latest firmware update? Why is the fix to roll back the firmware? It cant be just a simple mistake??
    And disabling the rear 30pin port on the Hero 4 was intentional. GoPro said DJI wasn't paying the license for the proprietary 30pin rear Hero port, and hence DJI moved to using the side USB in the revised H3-3D 1.1. From my standpoint, disabling the side USB TV when charging seems intentional as well.

8. jason

Look I didn't disable the video from the USB port on the camera the OP did when he updated v3.0 firmware. Now if he will follow the instruction to the letter he can restore that function by rolling back to firmware v2.0 for the Hero 3+ black that he has.

GoPro knew very well what they had done to both the Hero 3+ and the Hero 4 do I care no is there a work around for both yes.
    Now if the OP follows through and does the rollback he'll have it working in no time.