HDMI output with H3-3D possible or not?

Reaction score
I haven't flown my P2 in months, and today when I powered it up I see that the new GoPro update eliminated the live video out for USB.

Does anyone know if there is a cable that allows use of the HDMI out port on the H3-3D?

I think GoPro has addressed that issue and fixed it on a firmware release.

If not..
Get some thin tape. Unclip the USB component on the flex cable. Tape up the top contacts of the flex cable and leave only the 2 lower pins on the flex cable exposed. The 2 lower pins is visual. This will stop the H33D from charging the gopro and it will make the interference lines disappear. Just remember to always have a fully charged gopro battery. If the battery dies, so will your fpv.

I think GoPro has addressed that issue and fixed it on a firmware release.

If not..
Get some thin tape. Unclip the USB component on the flex cable. Tape up the top contacts of the flex cable and leave only the 2 lower pins on the flex cable exposed. The 2 lower pins is visual. This will stop the H33D from charging the gopro and it will make the interference lines disappear. Just remember to always have a fully charged gopro battery. If the battery dies, so will your fpv.

So you're saying as long as there is no power to the USB, the gopro won't know about it?

If you have a GoPro 3+ silver or black you can rollback to v2.0 which open the USB port once again. This is the site where you can download the firmware you need for your camera.

Drivers filed under: GoPro HERO3+ Camera Firmware

If you do not have the instructions on how to load this firmware then get a copy from GP site and follow it to the letter including putting all files into a UPDATE FILE and dragging that file to your SD card. Many here have had the same problem with GP update v3.0and this rollback does work.

There is no other work around to fully restore this screwup by GoPro.

So you're saying as long as there is no power to the USB, the gopro won't know about it?
The moment the USB port detects a charge, it will disable the video out.
I think GoPro did this intentionally to DJI. Franky at DJI seem to have pissed off GoPro as it seems GoPro have been trying to limit DJI from using any of there ports.

There is another option. It's the long way around though..
If you have a Hero 4, look into doing the Hero rear 30pin hack. This is allows easy access to the SD card and you no longer damage the side flex cable. The only problem is that you need to find an LCD bacpac for 5 seconds. This re-activates the video out on the 30pin rear port.
I have a Hero 4 black working on a H33D. Have a look here:
P2VPlus with H3-3D 1.0 and GoPro 4 Hero Black

BULL!!!

There's no problem with the Hero 4 line nor the HERO 3 line of cameras. The USB port was effect when when they came out with latest version of firmware for the Hero 3+ line of cameras but rolling back to v2.0 resolves the problem as long as the individual follows instructions..

BULL!!!

There's no problem with the Hero 4 line nor the HERO 3 line of cameras. The USB port was effect when when they came out with latest version of firmware for the Hero 3+ line of cameras but rolling back to v2.0 resolves the problem as long as the individual follows instructions..

That's what I don't get. Why would you disable the USB TV out feature on the latest firmware update? Why is the fix to roll back the firmware? It cant be just a simple mistake??
And disabling the rear 30pin port on the Hero 4 was intentional. GoPro said DJI wasn't paying the license for the proprietary 30pin rear Hero port, and hence DJI moved to using the side USB in the revised H3-3D 1.1. From my standpoint, disabling the side USB TV when charging seems intentional as well.

Look I didn't disable the video from the USB port on the camera the OP did when he updated v3.0 firmware. Now if he will follow the instruction to the letter he can restore that function by rolling back to firmware v2.0 for the Hero 3+ black that he has.

GoPro knew very well what they had done to both the Hero 3+ and the Hero 4 do I care no is there a work around for both yes.
Now if the OP follows through and does the rollback he'll have it working in no time.

Look I didn't disable the video from the USB port on the camera the OP did when he updated v3.0 firmware. Now if he will follow the instruction to the letter he can restore that function by rolling back to firmware v2.0 for the Hero 3+ black that he has.

GoPro knew very well what they had done to both the Hero 3+ and the Hero 4 do I care no is there a work around for both yes.
Now if the OP follows through and does the rollback he'll have it working in no time.

Sorry for the late reply, but it worked! Thank you!

Although I did have to upgrade to 3.02 again eventually because I was using the gopro app for something else and it kept pestering me to update, but I think I will rollback to 2.0 again in the future. Thank you so much, much appreciated!

Regardless, this gopro issue plus the fact that I can't buy an OEM battery anymore leads me to never buying a DJI product again. I can understand not wanting to support a product after 10 years, but this gopro issue started in 2015 and the P2 was released less than 2 years earlier.

Edit: i should point out that i do have a hero3+ silver

Sorry for the late reply, but it worked! Thank you!

Although I did have to upgrade to 3.02 again eventually because I was using the gopro app for something else and it kept pestering me to update, but I think I will rollback to 2.0 again in the future. Thank you so much, much appreciated!

Regardless, this gopro issue plus the fact that I can't buy an OEM battery anymore leads me to never buying a DJI product again. I can understand not wanting to support a product after 10 years, but this gopro issue started in 2015 and the P2 was released less than 2 years earlier.

Edit: i should point out that i do have a hero3+ silver

HDMI output on GoPro cameras is a no go as there are not any 5.8GHz video transmitter that can handle the signal. There were only to quads that used the HDMI video signal the Solo and Karma.

In order to use the 3.02 GP firmware, you would need to use the workaround or just roll it back to V 2.0

I use aftermarket batteries without any problems. Also took an old battery apart and modified the circuit board to use standard LiPo batteries just in case aftermarket batteries become no longer available.

HDMI output on GoPro cameras is a no go as there are not any 5.8GHz video transmitter that can handle the signal. There were only to quads that used the HDMI video signal the Solo and Karma.

In order to use the 3.02 GP firmware, you would need to use the workaround or just roll it back to V 2.0

I use aftermarket batteries without any problems. Also took an old battery apart and modified the circuit board to use standard LiPo batteries just in case aftermarket batteries become no longer available.

Gotcha, thank you!

Which aftermarket batteries do you recommend?

Also, the thing you described where you modified the circuit board to use standard Lipos is my dream! I use nanotech batteries for my z250 and my 500 heli and I love them. I would absolutely love to be able to use aftermarket Lipo batteries with my phantom but I'm terrified of modifying the batteries. Do you know if there is a service that will do it for me?

Gotcha, thank you!

Which aftermarket batteries do you recommend?

Also, the thing you described where you modified the circuit board to use standard Lipos is my dream! I use nanotech batteries for my z250 and my 500 heli and I love them. I would absolutely love to be able to use aftermarket Lipo batteries with my phantom but I'm terrified of modifying the batteries. Do you know if there is a service that will do it for me?

I prefer 5400mAh batteries but the price is too high and right now 5200mAh batteries are selling for as low as $35.99 on eBay.
They are listed for P2 vision and of course, they are aftermarket batteries. If you go this route just make sure it's from stateside vendor and delivery is three days. Since I do not own a credit card I do not buy from Amazon.

As for modifying a P2 to use off the shelf Lipos and placing inside the battery compartment Turnigy Multistar 5200mAh
(100mm L x 43mm W x 33mm H) will fit. Turnigy makes two 5200mAh batteries and one is too long. I know of no one who will modify one for you.

I prefer 5400mAh batteries but the price is too high and right now 5200mAh batteries are selling for as low as $35.99 on eBay.
They are listed for P2 vision and of course, they are aftermarket batteries. If you go this route just make sure it's from stateside vendor and delivery is three days. Since I do not own a credit card I do not buy from Amazon.

As for modifying a P2 to use off the shelf Lipos and placing inside the battery compartment Turnigy Multistar 5200mAh
(100mm L x 43mm W x 33mm H) will fit. Turnigy makes two 5200mAh batteries and one is too long. I know of no one who will modify one for you.

Gotcha, thank you for the help. A few weeks ago I bought an aftermarket battery from amazon called 'Powerextra' (link below). It flies, but on liftoff the voltage immediately drops to around 11.3 and then after a minute goes to 11.1. I haven't flown in a while but I thought I remember the OEM batteries lingering above 11.3 for the first 50% of the battery.

So I'm not sure if these Powerextra batteries are decent, and I'll try to check out the 5400mAh ones you mentioned.

Thanks again!

http://a.co/hQNmAbW

Gotcha, thank you for the help. A few weeks ago I bought an aftermarket battery from amazon called 'Powerextra' (link below). It flies, but on liftoff the voltage immediately drops to around 11.3 and then after a minute goes to 11.1. I haven't flown in a while but I thought I remember the OEM batteries lingering above 11.3 for the first 50% of the battery.

So I'm not sure if these Powerextra batteries are decent, and I'll try to check out the 5400mAh ones you mentioned.

Thanks again!

http://a.co/hQNmAbW

The battery circuit boards are reversed engineered and not a perfect copy of DJI electronics. The price of the 5400mAh batteries are much higher than those for 5200mAh batteries and you'll only get a minute or two of extra flight time. Just make sure the voltage doesn't drop to 10.6v.

Charge the battery up then check the three current levels it in the P2 software.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie