HDMI output -VS.- iPad/App display

Reaction score
Ok, I have a myth that needs to be proven or busted. Here is the challenge;

Is the video output to the HDMI port straight from the RC different then the video after it goes through the iPad and App?

I posted this in an antenna thread but was encouraged to start a new thread.

Something strange happened yesterday I wanted to share. I did the mod on my controller and was testing some cheap 8 dbi omni antennas. I was flying FPV with fatsharks with a few onlookers watching the iPad. Out about 4,000 feet they said "what happened?" I didn't know but the said the iPad went black as if lost signal. I still had a clear picture in the goggles out to 6,000 feet. The picture started dropping so I stopped and removed my goggles to look at the iPad. It was blank and didn't start receiving a picture till I was back inside 4,000 feet. I was able to control and fly the P4 with the controller and goggles and a blank iPad.

I thought this was strange that the HDMI output was better then the iPad.

I feel very confident that I don't have a problem with the board or the install of the antenna mod.I reopened the controller to double check everything. I will do some more testing this weekend and I will also test it on Litchi ... I was wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar?
rick

It's the common signal that's received by the RC is divided into two separate streams. USB signals are processed on the app whereas hdmi board processes and converts them for hdmi output and eventual display.

It's known that hdmi signals will have lesser late cues compared to app displays.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl