HDMI Output Not Working After Latest Firmware Update

Funny guy, I was actually watching a couple of your tutorials yesterday regarding goggles. My P4 controller is currently with the tech geeks at the moment trying to get my $169 HDMI module to work. They have no idea what the problem is and I'm running the latest firmware, however my P3P controller works just fine with goggles so whilst I don't think there is some sort of conspiracy, this site would be flooded with complaints, I am doing a lot of head shaking. What is the latest firmware you are running just to see if there is a difference or a new release that I have missed?

Just want you to know I was feeling down one day and watched this video you need to be getting paid what would you do you are a very very funny guy

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Just to be clear…that video is not me. That is a video of a YouTuber that I follow. I have a P4P and was considering getting an HDMI module and some goggles but was hesitant when I saw this video and was curious if anyone else was experiencing this issue. Thanks!

P.S. His videos are pretty funny and also informative.

Just to be clear…that video is not me. That is a video of a YouTuber that I follow. I have a P4P and was considering getting an HDMI module and some goggles but was hesitant when I saw this video and was curious if anyone else was experiencing this issue. Thanks!

P.S. His videos are pretty funny and also informative.

Sorry mate, you could have carried that off and I'd be none the wiser. Interestingly enough, I resolved my HDMI issue yesterday. My brand new goggles were stuffed and the module was fine after all. The replacement and tested fatshark v3s are in the mail. Happy ending after all.

Reactions: UrbanVoyager
Sorry mate, you could have carried that off and I'd be none the wiser. Interestingly enough, I resolved my HDMI issue yesterday. My brand new goggles were stuffed and the module was fine after all. The replacement and tested fatshark v3s are in the mail. Happy ending after all.
I too have a problem with goggles .I bought t he hdmi module for my p3 pro. I bought the Goggles 2 by Eachine.The first 3 packs went fine.On the fourth pack the camera would not connect.I reinstalled the stock module and the cam still won't connect.I also have an Advanced .So I bound the Advanced transmitter and the camera now connects.I am not going to install the hdmi module into the Advanced transmitter until I gather more info about why i had the malfunction

I too have a problem with goggles .I bought t he hdmi module for my p3 pro. I bought the Goggles 2 by Eachine.The first 3 packs went fine.On the fourth pack the camera would not connect.I reinstalled the stock module and the cam still won't connect.I also have an Advanced .So I bound the Advanced transmitter and the camera now connects.I am not going to install the hdmi module into the Advanced transmitter until I gather more info about why i had the malfunction
We're you prompted to update the firmware on your transmitter when you installed the HDMI module? I had to wait a bit for the prompt and after the upgrade adjusted the settings in the app to allow dual output and OSD to appear in the goggles. When I was trying to figure out why my goggles wouldn't work, I carefull checked the three ribbons to the module were nice and snug and not partially connecting. In the end the first set of goggles were faulty and I spent hours rearing my hair out for nothing.

We're you prompted to update the firmware on your transmitter when you installed the HDMI module? I had to wait a bit for the prompt and after the upgrade adjusted the settings in the app to allow dual output and OSD to appear in the goggles. When I was trying to figure out why my goggles wouldn't work, I carefull checked the three ribbons to the module were nice and snug and not partially connecting. In the end the first set of goggles were faulty and I spent hours rearing my hair out for nothing.

I reinstalled the stock module in the back of the original transmitter.The cam still won't connect.This is leading me to believe something got fried in the transmitter.

I reinstalled the stock module in the back of the original transmitter.The cam still won't connect.This is leading me to believe something got fried in the transmitter.
Have you tried rebooting your device with the suspect controller? It was one of the things I did when I was trying to get an output from my HDMI module. Since you've got nothing to lose at this stage, maybe refit the module, see if you get an update prompt, reboot your device and see what happens. There were a number of threads relating to non genuine modules floating around (dji #54) causing grief, along with incorrectly fitted and also no firmware upgrade to give you camera image to your HDMI device.

What do I do to reboot?
Turn off your iPhone/android device, turn it back on, shut down any apps that may be running in the background. Turn on your drone/RC, open up the dji app and see how it goes. Another issue I had was the cable from the iPhone to the controller not being correctly seated, and there have been a number of threads relating to crap cables etc giving image problems. The tech guy that was helping me with my problems suggested that the cover over the module had to be seated properly to enable the HDMI output to properly connect with the output cable to the goggles. I checked the , the module connections, the cover that many times that I could've whistled at it and it would have disassembled itself....

The part# on the hdmi module box is 54,and I don't remember getting any prompts telling me to update.
Sorry you just replied when I was sending you another response. You need to update the controller to enable the HDMI output. Without it, it won't work. You need to open the app at the front screen, don't enter the camera view and wait. Mine took about five minutes once the module was installed. You need to power everything up for this to occur.

Riddle me this.Why won't the transmitter connect to the camera without the hdmi module installed.I have the original module installed back in the transmitter.All was fine until the fourth battery pack with the hdmi module installed and using the goggles.

Sorry you just replied when I was sending you another response. You need to update the controller to enable the HDMI output. Without it, it won't work. You need to open the app at the front screen, don't enter the camera view and wait. Mine took about five minutes once the module was installed. You need to power everything up for this to occur.
Ok it is asking for an update .I'll try it and see what happens.

Ok it is asking for an update .I'll try it and see what happens.
Hopefully you can get some joy, as for the goggles working first time around without an update, buggered if I know. It must have updated for you to adjust the settings in the app. Without the update you can't see the settings to run the goggles in the first place.

Hopefully you can get some joy, as for the goggles working first time around without an update, buggered if I know. It must have updated for you to adjust the settings in the app. Without the update you can't see the settings to run the goggles in the first place.
Yes it gets a little confusing trying to communicate over the internet.I am just trying to gather some info about why this problem happened.

Wait, how can I do an update if the camera won't connect?
You will be updating the transmitter before you go into the camera view. Once it's downloaded, close the app, reopen it, go into camera view with everything powered up and see if you have had a win. If you have an image on your screen, you need to go into the settings and find the HD section, and you should see two sliders at the bottom of the screen, switch them both on and check to see you have dual images, one on you device and one on your goggles. You need to have everything powered up to select these options. If that doesn't work, I am out of ideas and you may have somehow bricked the controller.

Yes it gets a little confusing trying to communicate over the internet.I am just trying to gather some info about why this problem happened.
It's all good, somewhere on this forum will be the answer you need. I sat on the phone for two hours with another problem, got no where, came here and found the solution in ten minutes. There is a magnifying glass at the top of this forum page, type in a question and away you go.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik