HDMI Output Module?

I will be posting my latest version midweek on ebay I have a 14 day return policy If you dont like them or cant use them you can send back no questions asked. I would welcome some ones comments after trying them with glasses behind them. I would like to know also if the glasses are useable in front of regular glasses

Ok will give them a try :)

Again judging from the the way law enforcement acts, It would seem to me that the extent to which any of us is violating any law depends on what kind of a day the "official" is having and what he thinks of your attitude, that will be Applied to what extent you are breaking the law, and how many charges can be drummed up.
I wouldn't want to paint law enforcement with the broad brush.. I have friends who are in law enforcement that don't make their decisions based on attitudes. And most of them that I have had contact with regarding "drone" love the concept.
It is called discretion --the freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation and most of them have good judgment and wouldn't want to harass or file bogus charges just because you are flying you drone. There are a few "cops" on this forum who own P3's so it is not fair to assess your statement using "the way law enforcement acts" -- pretty soon if becomes us against them.

I wouldn't want to paint law enforcement with the broad brush.. I have friends who are in law enforcement that don't make their decisions based on attitudes. And most of them that I have had contact with regarding "drone" love the concept.
It is called discretion --the freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation and most of them have good judgment and wouldn't want to harass or file bogus charges just because you are flying you drone. There are a few "cops" on this forum who own P3's so it is not fair to assess your statement using "the way law enforcement acts" -- pretty soon if becomes us against them.

I agree, I work with the local sheriff regarding drones there is an aspect of law enforcement that is conducive to "our hobby"
and there is an aspect of law enforcement that is them against us already. Go 40 miles from here and you could get shot for doing a hell of a lot less than flying a flying camera. The cops on here know who they are and they know what they are they dont need to listen to anything that I say about them pro or con.

new to the forum but not new to forums so i have searched a fair amount and seem to be missing a thread that describes this hdmi module in any detail. i am trying to understand what is meant in the description by the statement that it supports a dual display. does this just means that the usb data link to the tablet works at the same time it is outputing hdmi? and that the hdmi can be a pure video image without flight data overlaid while the tablet continues to show flight data?

also i am really curious what the can port is for? is the idea here to allow headset developers to send head position data to the camera gimbal? are there other things that would be done with this?

great forum by the way! thanks to those who host and moderate this.

greg
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2422113

Posted this in the other thread already:

1. Much less lag.
2. If the app stops working, you still have full video.
3. Less stress on mobile device if you put it in map mode.

get the board you wont be sorry , these glasses work great you can see in the sun you can keep LOS, and you can see the pad, be careful about older 26 degree glasses the "Alien Sunglasses" is my version they are 32 degree Fov wide angle view bigger picture than cinemizer
also through the Hdmi board the display is compilated differently you can pull the maps up on your pad and have the picture in your glasses. glasses plug direct hdmi into remote no power needed.
my latest version will be up on Ebay midweek search for phantom 3 FPV video glasses

View attachment 26306 View attachment 26307

I looked on ebay seems like your listing has ended. When you say maintains los does that mean you can see through the glasses to the Phantom and see the screen at the same time?

How was the module install? I've heard its easy but this is the first I've seen...mine is in FedEx hands

Installing the HDMI module is extremely easy, as long as you do NOT rush. I mention this because of the very thin "ribbon cables" that DJI uses...there are three of them - one along the left side, one along the right, & one along the bottom. From start to finish, sealed controller to sealed controller, the entire swap took less than 30 minutes (not counting time spent just "looking around").

So I use the Sony HMZ-T3W with my HDMI output module. It was the only reasonably(?) priced head set that shows the display in the full 720P resolution. I swapped out the boards on the bottom of the controller in about 15 or 20 minutes, be careful with the ribbon cables as mentioned earlier and it is a breeze. With the T3s I can leave off the sunshields and simply look above the goggles and see the P3 flying giving me LOS. In addition I can look down at my Note 4 on my P3s controller and start/stop recording or change flight modes. For selecting proper exposure, actually looking at (reconnaissance) and properly framing a shot, or seeing what your P3 sees in bright daylight, they are a must have. So you know what it is you will see in your goggles (should you choose to use them) here is a clip captured directly from the HDMI output of the board.

Reactions: Racer38
So I use the Sony HMZ-T3W with my HDMI output module. It was the only reasonably(?) priced head set that shows the display in the full 720P resolution. I swapped out the boards on the bottom of the controller in about 15 or 20 minutes, be careful with the ribbon cables as mentioned earlier and it is a breeze. With the T3s I can leave off the sunshields and simply look above the goggles and see the P3 flying giving me LOS. In addition I can look down at my Note 4 on my P3s controller and start/stop recording or change flight modes. For selecting proper exposure, actually looking at (reconnaissance) and properly framing a shot, or seeing what your P3 sees in bright daylight, they are a must have. So you know what it is you will see in your goggles (should you choose to use them) here is a clip captured directly from the HDMI output of the board.

Chuck thanks for posting the video and your comments. I am interested to hear that you can maintain LOS with the quad, I have put off buying goggles because of not being able to see the quad and the controlling device (I use iPhone). One problem I have when flying is reacquiring the Quad after looking down at the app. Anybody got any tips for that?

Chuck thanks for posting the video and your comments. I am interested to hear that you can maintain LOS with the quad, I have put off buying goggles because of not being able to see the quad and the controlling device (I use iPhone). One problem I have when flying is reacquiring the Quad after looking down at the app. Anybody got any tips for that?

Starting with your last question, some people I know have painted (or "dipped") the underside of their Phantoms (P3s, as well as P2s) a dark color, so as to increase viability. However, it is not recommended to do the top of the shell a dark color, due to the potential of increased heat it might cause. As for the goggle matter, I was recently in contact with the lead engineer of Epson's Moverio project. These are, essentially, regular glasses, which you can see through, but they also project onto the lenses, so you can maintain LOS through the glasses, while also seeing the camera's image at the same time. The current model, the BT-200, uses its own Android-powered control box, which utilizes a touch-pad controller. They are working (currently via a 3rd-party developer) on a separate "box", which would, essentially, be nothing more than a battery-powered box, with an HDMI passthrough (ie. you'd be able to connect any device with an HDMI output to the "boxes" input, which would pass said feed onto the glasses). In one of my previous emails to him, I suggested calling the "updated" version the BT-220...only time will tell if/when it's released, as well as its cost (the BT-200 sells for $700 new, $500 refurbished). I sent him an email today, in an attempt to get an update as to where things stand. If i get any updated info, I will post it here.

Starting with your last question, some people I know have painted (or "dipped") the underside of their Phantoms (P3s, as well as P2s) a dark color, so as to increase viability. However, it is not recommended to do the top of the shell a dark color, due to the potential of increased heat it might cause. As for the goggle matter, I was recently in contact with the lead engineer of Epson's Moverio project. These are, essentially, regular glasses, which you can see through, but they also project onto the lenses, so you can maintain LOS through the glasses, while also seeing the camera's image at the same time. The current model, the BT-200, uses its own Android-powered control box, which utilizes a touch-pad controller. They are working (currently via a 3rd-party developer) on a separate "box", which would, essentially, be nothing more than a battery-powered box, with an HDMI passthrough (ie. you'd be able to connect any device with an HDMI output to the "boxes" input, which would pass said feed onto the glasses). In one of my previous emails to him, I suggested calling the "updated" version the BT-220...only time will tell if/when it's released, as well as its cost (the BT-200 sells for $700 new, $500 refurbished). I sent him an email today, in an attempt to get an update as to where things stand. If i get any updated info, I will post it here.

Thanks for the quick reply I will keep a look out for the BT-220 :) I did look at the BT-200 but the setup sounded more suited to android, I use an iphone as DJI seem to prioritize the OS app

Thanks for the quick reply I will keep a look out for the BT-220 :) I did look at the BT-200 but the setup sounded more suited to android, I use an iphone as DJI seem to prioritize the OS app

It's not that the setup is "more suited to Android"...it's that the control box, itself, is RUNNING Android (v4.0.4, if I remember correctly). The control box is, essentially, a tiny Android-powered "computer", with the "screen" projected onto the glasses' lenses. The idea behind what I suggested calling the BT-220 (if/when Epson releases it...be it 1-2 months, or 1-2 years, if at all) is making the control box a "dumb box", removing the touchpad, as well as the OS. In other words, replace the "control box" with a box containing nothing more than the battery (plus way to charge it, ie. microUSB port), an HDMI port (Type A (standard), C (mini, such as found on the HDMI module), or D (micro)) for input, and the proprietary port for connecting the glasses.

It wouldn't matter what mobile OS you're using, as that device is NOT the device that would be connected to the "box". You would connect an HDMI cable from the HDMI module's HDMI Type-C port, to the box's HDMI port (probably Type-A), then connect the glasses to the "box". In this scenario, instead of having the camera's image showing on your tablet/phone, you could, instead, have it display the map. The camera's image would be displayed, via the HDMI port, through the use of the glasses. You would see what the camera "sees" on the glasses' lens...and looking past the glasses (just as with traditional glasses), you could maintain the required LOS of your drone.

With the UAV market booming as it has been, I'm surprised that a company hasn't already started creating this very valuable, and much needed, market. Using Creative Labs, as an example, back in the 80s, when computers could only make "bleeps" & "blips", Creative Labs introduced a little card called the SoundBlaster, taking the computer sound market by storm. Ever since, other companies have referred to their sound cards as "SoundBlaster-compatible". There are plenty of "immersion glasses" on the market (high, as well as low-quality), but now is the time for a company...be it Epson, or another company...to create a market for non-immersion glasses.

Reactions: MichealJ

I used a construction helmet suspension to attach the goggles to, works way better than the poorly designed straps Sony provided. Slips on and off easily and holds the displays at the optimum distance for both viewing the screens and looking above and below to give LOS to the quad and view of the display on the controls. When it is really bright and I have a serous lack of shade and really need to have good footage or some other need to have clear/good FPV, I will always recruit an experienced spotter and will put on the sunshades for best screen viewing.

I learned some time ago having the full resolution of your source, pixel per pixel is paramount in importance. At least to me it is.

I used a construction helmet suspension to attach the goggles to, works way better than the poorly designed straps Sony provided. Slips on and off easily and holds the displays at the optimum distance for both viewing the screens and looking above and below to give LOS to the quad and view of the display on the controls. When it is really bright and I have a serous lack of shade and really need to have good footage or some other need to have clear/good FPV, I will always recruit an experienced spotter and will put on the sunshades for best screen viewing.

I learned some time ago having the full resolution of your source, pixel per pixel is paramount in importance. At least to me it is.
With you on the quality, recruiting the spotter would be my difficulty, my wife rejected my offer to promote her to assistant cameraman out of hand, my children have grown and gone. I have just ordered the OSMO so the budget won't stretch to goggles right now but Christmas is coming, who knows maybe Santa will come calling.

With you on the quality, recruiting the spotter would be my difficulty, my wife rejected my offer to promote her to assistant cameraman out of hand, my children have grown and gone. I have just ordered the OSMO so the budget won't stretch to goggles right now but Christmas is coming, who knows maybe Santa will come calling.

I found my goggles half price from a guy on CraigsList. Dude met me at Babies Are US for the exchange, enough said about that. lol I am with you about the empty nest but my wife is more than happy to spot, especially after getting her some new glasses.

Reactions: MichealJ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl