HDMI Output Module?

Reaction score
Has anyone started using this yet?

What are the pros and cons, if any?

Like to hear some feedback before ordering

Has anyone started using this yet?

What are the pros and cons, if any?

Like to hear some feedback before ordering

get the board you wont be sorry , these glasses work great you can see in the sun you can keep LOS, and you can see the pad, be careful about older 26 degree glasses the "Alien Sunglasses" is my version they are 32 degree Fov wide angle view bigger picture than cinemizer
also through the Hdmi board the display is compilated differently you can pull the maps up on your pad and have the picture in your glasses. glasses plug direct hdmi into remote no power needed.
my latest version will be up on Ebay midweek search for phantom 3 FPV video glasses

direct hdmi connected 2.jpg
direct hdmi disconnected.jpg

Reactions: eliasmasri
All Pros, no Cons :) Should get mine on Tuesday along with my HeadPlays and I will let you know for sure.

How do you see the pad and remote to control the aircraft and camera? I do not understand these head plays. How do you keep LOS with the craft? Do you have to have a spotter everytime you fly, in order to not be breaking the law? I do not believe that the headplays are even safe let alone they look absolutely ridiculous

How do you see the pad and remote to control the aircraft and camera? I do not understand these head plays. How do you keep LOS with the craft? Do you have to have a spotter everytime you fly, in order to not be breaking the law? I do not believe that the headplays are even safe let alone they look absolutely ridiculous
Not a very good way to win over new customers to your glasses. Bashing the other ones. And also insinuating they're breaking the law. Get a grip.

Not a very good way to win over new customers to your glasses. Bashing the other ones. And also insinuating they're breaking the law. Get a grip.
and don't let go;)

I am not insinuating anything, to each his own, and I dont make the laws, I am not even sure that wearing any glasses would be deemed legal. It would depend on what "official" was trying to harass you, and I am not bashing, I dont get how you could consider the head plays an aid to the flight experience when you cant see the pad or LOS. I have a grip or I wouldn't have spent all of this time and money developing a system that I feel is superior to all of the others. It seems to me that using any glasses will be up for debate by law enforcement, So use at your own risk, I believe that if you have a set of headplays on it is pretty cut and dried that you are not in compliance with the current laws, Its this type of abuse that will get everthing banned. And I cant help it that I think the headplays look ridiculous that is simply my opinion, You are welcome to yours.

Last edited:
get the board you wont be sorry , these glasses work great you can see in the sun you can keep LOS, and you can see the pad, be careful about older 26 degree glasses the "Alien Sunglasses" is my version they are 32 degree Fov wide angle view bigger picture than cinemizer
also through the Hdmi board the display is compilated differently you can pull the maps up on your pad and have the picture in your glasses. glasses plug direct hdmi into remote no power needed.
my latest version will be up on Ebay midweek search for phantom 3 FPV video glasses

View attachment 26306 View attachment 26307

Can they fit over regular glasses?

Can they fit over regular glasses?
I have worn a set of readers behind the glasses, I cant see to well at 66 and I need readers to see the pad, I dont seem to need them to see the screen in the glasses though fairly clearly. The glasses manufacturer says that glasses may be worn behind them. I wear a set of readers in addition to the glasses right below the video glasses I was thinking that I would go into an optometrist to see if I could get some help with a set of glasses to wear behind these, as I am going to need glasses eventually.

Reactions: Buckaye
I have worn a set of readers behind the glasses, I cant see to well at 66 and I need readers to see the pad, I dont seem to need them to see the screen in the glasses though fairly clearly. The glasses manufacturer says that glasses may be worn behind them. I wear a set of readers in addition to the glasses right below the video glasses I was thinking that I would go into an optometrist to see if I could get some help with a set of glasses to wear behind these, as I am going to need glasses eventually.

Yeah I have an astigmatism so I kind of need glasses at all distances... But my glasses are pretty thin...

Yeah I have an astigmatism so I kind of need glasses at all distances... But my glasses are pretty thin...
I will be posting my latest version midweek on ebay I have a 14 day return policy If you dont like them or cant use them you can send back no questions asked. I would welcome some ones comments after trying them with glasses behind them. I would like to know also if the glasses are useable in front of regular glasses

My plan is to attach the HeadPlay to the controller to allow a second person to view what the camera sees and I will pilot the craft using my iPad Air 2. Like in a search and rescue mission. Most of the important flight information can be displayed through the HeadPlay if you select that option in the application. Not sure how the LOS rule applies while you are under the HP, but lots of pilots are doing it so I guess it's OK. I could be wrong.

............. Not sure how the LOS rule applies while you are under the HP, but lots of pilots are doing it so I guess it's OK. I could be wrong.
Actually, I "think" they're not in line with the recommendations. But I could be wrong.

new to the forum but not new to forums so i have searched a fair amount and seem to be missing a thread that describes this hdmi module in any detail. i am trying to understand what is meant in the description by the statement that it supports a dual display. does this just means that the usb data link to the tablet works at the same time it is outputing hdmi? and that the hdmi can be a pure video image without flight data overlaid while the tablet continues to show flight data?

also i am really curious what the can port is for? is the idea here to allow headset developers to send head position data to the camera gimbal? are there other things that would be done with this?

great forum by the way! thanks to those who host and moderate this.

greg

Actually, I "think" they're not in line with the recommendations. But I could be wrong.
I suspect if the drone could be seen if you were to remove the goggles you are within the guidelines. It's doesn't prevent you from looking away for a moment or to put on some goggles for a short time.

My plan is to attach the HeadPlay to the controller to allow a second person to view what the camera sees and I will pilot the craft using my iPad Air 2. Like in a search and rescue mission. Most of the important flight information can be displayed through the HeadPlay if you select that option in the application. Not sure how the LOS rule applies while you are under the HP, but lots of pilots are doing it so I guess it's OK. I could be wrong.

I use mine for search and rescue also, As you described your use I believe the headplays would be very good for that, and I to would consider that as an option for my search and rescue efforts, the view and use of the headplays for search and rescue is a good idea actually. You would love my glasses for the piloting aid. plugged direct hdmi. the picture is great and you can see in the bright sun. There have been several people that have posted the difference between mine and cinemizers all have liked mine the best and at least one person sent there cinemizers back. Only a couple out of many have not liked the glasses. thanks for your input on that, I may recommend that the sheriff here get a set of headplays, in addition to mine of course strictly for search and rescue hooked to the second remote on there Inspire. Thanks for pointing that use out to me. But I still think they look ridiculous:)

new to the forum but not new to forums so i have searched a fair amount and seem to be missing a thread that describes this hdmi module in any detail. i am trying to understand what is meant in the description by the statement that it supports a dual display. does this just means that the usb data link to the tablet works at the same time it is outputing hdmi? and that the hdmi can be a pure video image without flight data overlaid while the tablet continues to show flight data?

also i am really curious what the can port is for? is the idea here to allow headset developers to send head position data to the camera gimbal? are there other things that would be done with this?

great forum by the way! thanks to those who host and moderate this.

greg
Yes, exactly. The can port is not being used yet, it's for future development.as I understand it.

I suspect if the drone could be seen if you were to remove the goggles you are within the guidelines. It's doesn't prevent you from looking away for a moment or to put on some goggles for a short time.
Yeah, it's a blurry area, for "me". But others have said that VLOS excludes any type of aides, such as goggles and binoculars, for sight aide.

Yeah, it's a blurry area, for "me". But others have said that VLOS excludes any type of aides, such as goggles and binoculars, for sight aide.

Again judging from the the way law enforcement acts, It would seem to me that the extent to which any of us is violating any law depends on what kind of a day the "official" is having and what he thinks of your attitude, that will be Applied to what extent you are breaking the law, and how many charges can be drummed up.

Reactions: snerd

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik