HDMI Output module - map view?

As long as it works and displays properly, I'm happy lol
If you are happy with its native resolution then you should have gone for fat shark dominator V3 for $349 which works on 2d as well for 3D. It's form factor is also good.

I have found many high resolution 5" and 7" monitors on the market for good prices but debating if it's worth going for them as I will have to build my own goggles. Goggles should be comfortable during flying as we want to be relaxed at that time and have fun all the time.

If you are happy with its native resolution then you should have gone for fat shark dominator V3 for $349 which works on 2d as well for 3D. It's form factor is also good.

I have found many high resolution 5" and 7" monitors on the market for good prices but debating if it's worth going for them as I will have to build my own goggles. Goggles should be comfortable during flying as we want to be relaxed at that time and have fun all the time.

Oh I'm not too bothered about goggles lol

I just want a monitor so when family and friends are with me they have a monitor which they can look at rather then looking over my shoulder trying to look at the tablet screen.

wow thats a neat idea. I will use my mac for family to view live.

Reactions: D4T_PoM
The headplay is big, but you get a big HD screen aswell, but it's not heavy.
Yes, the headplay HDs are the bomb. You need to experience them to appreciate the reason they are big, because it's like an Imax screen. They're very light. It took me a while to figure out how to adapt the prescription of my glasses. The Fresnel lens that come with it aren't adequate for older eyes like mine. But I figured it out using scuba dive mask 3.0 lenses, on top of 3.0 reader glasses.

Love my heads just try them once and you would never consider flying without them and I couldn't care what people think in fact I've embraced them and added some crazy eyes LOL

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Love my heads just try them once and you would never consider flying without them and I couldn't care what people think in fact I've embraced them and added some crazy eyes LOL
Love it!! I bought the diy quantum goggles but for some reason couldn't get them to work with the output on my Nvidia shield so I ordered the hdmi module . Hopefully that will fix the problem. I wanted to order the headplays but went with the cheap quantum just to see if I would like wearing something like that. I hear the headplays are super light and comfortable, would you agree with that?

Just read your post concerning the HDMI module you recently installed. I just puirchase one and have some questions about the installation.

Mine did not come with any instructions for installing. There is a package that contains for screws that seem to be the same as the ones currently securing the original module but there are 3 other small screws with standard type heads also.

My questions are: What type of screwdriver is need to remove and reinstall the 4 screws with the unique head and what are the 3 other screws for, something internal?

I am a little nervous about taking this apart till I have an idea what I will find inside.

I sent this query to DJI tech support but no reply fot a week now.

Thanks in advance for your help.

These are the same screws that are currently on your RC and you won't need them if you don't loose any.

You will need 1.5 mm Hex

Opening the cover is not a problem but you need to be very careful in handling the locking strips for each ribbon connector. You may need girls fingers :) All is very delicate inside. I suggest use a magnifying glass to see how ribbons are used and how's the locking done. You need to unlock each ribbon connector, take out the ribbon cable and repeat the reverse when you put the new card in place.

Nothing to worry except you need delicate touches.

Rite, got my HDMI module last week, did not get the chance to fit it but just now about 30mins ago fitted it in.

Works like a charm, connected it to my 65" TV and had it come up with all the telemetry.

Time to install: less then 8 mins lol (have taken apart a P3 controller in the past so this was a piece of cake)

Now awaiting my field monitor to be delivered so I can have that as a slave screen for all my friends and family to watch on rather then looking over my shoulder on my ipad.

Just read your post concerning the HDMI module you recently installed. I just puirchase one and have some questions about the installation.

Mine did not come with any instructions for installing. There is a package that contains for screws that seem to be the same as the ones currently securing the original module but there are 3 other small screws with standard type heads also.

My questions are: What type of screwdriver is need to remove and reinstall the 4 screws with the unique head and what are the 3 other screws for, something internal?

I am a little nervous about taking this apart till I have an idea what I will find inside.

I sent this query to DJI tech support but no reply fot a week now.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Its really really easy to do.

No instructions needed, 2 side ribbons are not the problem, its the main ribbon cable which can be a pain but hey honestly speaking it takes me longer to put my socks and shoes on compared to what it took me to change over the board.

Its really really easy to do.

No instructions needed, 2 side ribbons are not the problem, its the main ribbon cable which can be a pain but hey honestly speaking it takes me longer to put my socks and shoes on compared to what it took me to change over the board.

Great to hear. But, what are the 3 other screws for? Attaching the ribbon cables?

Great to hear. But, what are the 3 other screws for? Attaching the ribbon cables?
Three screws are to mount PCB module onto RC. Don't worry, open it up, you would see those three screws inside the cover.

Reactions: D4T_PoM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31