HDMI Out - Picture is full of blurry pixelated areas

Reaction score
I have a P3 Advanced with the HDMI board. I also have the Headplay HD's to view the live feed via the goggles, but the quality of the image/feed is so bad that it's unusable. I've spent weeks trying to troubleshoot this and so far nothing has worked. I hear reports of people using this combo and they are "blown away" by the quality. It does look good indoors, but outdoors its a dancing pixelated blurry mess.

Does anyone else experience this too? Do you find it happens sometimes or all the time?

I'm logging all this to try and come up with a solution over on RCG:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2507207

Is the image the same even when the aircraft is near you, or do you mean that the image gets bad when the aircraft is a distance away.

Distance is close for my tests. But on a flight with the Headplay goggles out about 1500ft away was the same. Difficult to look for any details on the ground and impossible to land like this.

I have the exact same setup as you with no issues. I did, however, do the 32 Channel mod and I have plastic range extenders on my radio.

I have a P3 Advanced with the HDMI board. I also have the Headplay HD's to view the live feed via the goggles, but the quality of the image/feed is so bad that it's unusable. I've spent weeks trying to troubleshoot this and so far nothing has worked. I hear reports of people using this combo and they are "blown away" by the quality. It does look good indoors, but outdoors its a dancing pixelated blurry mess.

Does anyone else experience this too? Do you find it happens sometimes or all the time?

I'm logging all this to try and come up with a solution over on RCG:
Blurry Pixelation in outdoor settings with Phantom 3 Advanced - RC Groups

What was your resolution to this issue? I am having exact same problem

There is no solution to your problem. The P3 Advanced has a video download rate that is only 20% of the P3 Professional. This video download rate of 2mb/second is simply not enough to keep up with changing video content. And this limitation is in the camera hardware, not the firmware. Short of swapping out the Advanced camera/gimbal for a Professional (pricey at $520-$550) or getting a whole new P3P at $800, there is nothing you can do. By the way, the video captured on your card will be fine. It is the hardware that deals with sending that video via Lightbridge to your controller/tablet/goggles that is the problem. Sorry!! I had the same problem, and when I purchased it was not made clear that there was this important functional difference between advanced and pro making FPV all but impossible with a nice viewer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj