hdmi module not working with Samsung

Reaction score
equipment: p4, hdmi mod, samsung s7, fatshark dom v3.

problem: samsung 7 doens't connect thru usb but . fatshark hdmi does.

I called DJI.and they said problem is with RC firmware compatibility with samsung....among other devices. they said a 'fix' is being worked on and to wait for notice on DJI web site for update. great.
mean time , i will reinstall old usb module.
9/20/2016

Did you enable simultaneous output to both the tablet and HDMI in the GO app? This has to be done to use them both at the same time.

Last edited:
Just to confirm, when you installed the HDMI module were you prompted to update firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I tried but it was never successful. Currently, it doesn't ask for an update and remains "Disconnected" even though I have green lights on RC and the P4. As I stated, the Fatshark V3 works fine. I won't fly until my mobile device connects.

Reactions: tony serve
Did you enable simultaneous output to both the tablet and HDMI in the GO app? This has to be done to use them both at the same time.
Yes. The Fatshark HDMI channel works fine.I just have no connection with the USB mobile device. samsung s7.

If the Samsung works through USB when the HDMI cable and fatshark are not attached, then it's likely your app dual display setting isn't enabled. Double check it.

Can you show us this setting in go?

I had a case where dual output was not enabled and fatshark connected before connecting iPad and starting Go app. Then GO app was saying disconnected.

Since I left always dual output enabled.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

the dual display was checked.
the problem is a hardware malfunction: "deserializer disconnected". I am sending the RC to DJI as per their instructions. I will report on progress.

thanks so much for your replies. it really helps!!!

I have had the same trouble with my iPhone 6 - same error message, same unable to update firmware, unable to access settings. Seems the HDMI module has tripped something in the RC or the phone/App - heeeelp

AS i stated before the hardware malfunction "deserializer disconnected" was in the RC. I sent the RC back to
DJI and just received a new one back. no explanation and no charge (warranty). It now works great, hdmi and all.
I have read threads about DJI's inferior service. In this case, DJI service was excellent.

AS i stated before the hardware malfunction "deserializer disconnected" was in the RC. I sent the RC back to
DJI and just received a new one back. no explanation and no charge (warranty). It now works great, hdmi and all.
I have read threads about DJI's inferior service. In this case, DJI service was excellent.
Yes the dji crew are friendly and polite, but they wanted me to pay for shipping and repair at first, despite it being brand new and undamaged. They also gave me return shipping advice that was wrong, and by the time they corrected the mistake it was the week of national holiday in China. I paid for it on August 24 and have yet to use it... no idea when I'll get it back, and why I had to pay shipping. They did agree that I shouldn't have to pay to fix the problem.

This may or may not relate but after installing my module I had to reboot not respring my Ipad mini to get it to connect back with the drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie