HDMI module not working with FPV goggles.

Reaction score
I installed the HDMI module on my phantom 3 controller and it works fine when connected to my TV but when I try to connect it to my fat shark dominator with the HD input, I do not get a picture. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Don't know about the DOM HD, but I have tried the Predator V2s thru a HDMI2AV
adapter and that also does NOT work. However, an HDMI computer monitor works GREAT!

Predator V2s thru a HDMI2AV adapter from Nvidia Tegra Note 7 HDMI works GREAT!

It's weird, it works fine when I connect my iPhone to it but through the DJI go app I don't get a picture. I think it might be the video format going to the goggles, I just don't know how to adjust it

What version Dominator? The V3 has an HDMI in, but it accepts a maximum of 720p resolution. Will not display video above that.

Fat Shark's products are designed for fixed formats. For example Dominator V3 accepts only 720p but not 1080p. HDMI module of DJI generates 720p formats, so should be good enough for dominator V3. I believe dominator HD V2 is basically designed for analog inputs and may not accept 720p HDMI with 16:9 format.

Fat Shark's products are designed for fixed formats. For example Dominator V3 accepts only 720p but not 1080p. HDMI module of DJI generates 720p formats, so should be good enough for dominator V3. I believe dominator HD V2 is basically designed for analog inputs and may not accept 720p HDMI with 16:9 format.
I think you are correct on that.

The Dominators HD are 4:3 and accept 720P Will work with the P3/I1 but can be a bit finicky to get to work, FS posted a turn on order to get them to work correctly on the FPV forums.

Dominator V2 4:3 are only 480P input via HDMI so don't work at all

Dominator V3 16:9, Accept 720P and work fine with DJI HDMI.

Dominator HD V2 4:3, Accept 720P and work fine with DJI HDMI.

I'm glad I didn't wait for the hdmi adapter and went with the cinemizers and an nvidia tablet instead. Everything works as expected but I'm still not use to the cord hanging off of the cinemizers. Zeiss has a new product this year to replace the discontinued cinemizers, they are goggles that allow you to mount your smart phone into the, but still give you finger access to the screen. Might just do the trick for some of us at $130ish, a lot less expensive than the fat shark goggles I was looking at ($500) or the cinemizers ($800).

I bought Accupix Mybud for $199 on eBay.

It has hdmi port to connect to cdmi module. It gets you smooth picture quality as if you are viewing on 100" TV. It woks as good fpv goggles. Mybud is better than Dominator V3 in quality of the picture and accepts cdmi unto 1080p.

One caution: HDMI module on RC has mini HDMI port. Even battery pack for Mybud has mini HDMI port. You need a mini HDMI to mini HDMI cable which I could not find it. I used the cable provided by Mybud which is mini HDMI to HDMI cable. You need an adaptor to convert mini to HDMI. It comes with Mybud. But the caution is don't use that adaptor on HDMI module side as it puts lots of pressure on the module and I'm afraid module might fail. Better use adaptor on battery side. I bought a mini HDMI to HDMI extra thin cable from Amazon to further reduce load of module and thin cable is more flexible.

I switched over from iPad to iPhone now and it makes me help mount iPhone on battery and battery is mounted on RC holder. Mybud gets plugged to battery with a special connector. This makes things tidy.

One caution: HDMI module on RC has mini HDMI port. Even battery pack for Mybud has mini HDMI port. You need a mini HDMI to mini HDMI cable which I could not find it. I used the cable provided by Mybud which is mini HDMI to HDMI cable. You need an adaptor to convert mini to HDMI. It comes with Mybud. But the caution is don't use that adaptor on HDMI module side as it puts lots of pressure on the module and I'm afraid module might fail. Better use adaptor on battery side. I bought a mini HDMI to HDMI extra thin cable from Amazon to further reduce load of module and thin cable is more flexible.

I switched over from iPad to iPhone now and it makes me help mount iPhone on battery and battery is mounted on RC holder. Mybud gets plugged to battery with a special connector. This makes things tidy.
Could you send or post a photo of your setup or even a video? I'm interested in trying this with my P3 Advanced and am wondering what all it needs (for instance the HDMI board from DJI)? Thanks for your help.

Monte

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20