HDMI Module How to see warning Information on external monitor

Reaction score
I have installed the HDMI output module, I notice that when I plug in an external monitor the alert box stops functioning and only displays no signal. The alert doesn't transfer to the external monitor. I have looked through the go app but couldn't see a setting to send the messages to the external monitor.

Anyone know why this is the case?

While talking about the app I can no longer into the app without being connected to the RC. All I get is the How to connect option after closing that I don't get Camera option on the button.

My gut feeling is that output module has not been used extensively for flying. Many like me have used it to get the first person view but still use RC controller and monitor for alerts and details.

Many have used HDMI module for using output on a large screen.

It looks the output of HDMI module is not fully developed for flying the aircraft. Let's find out its shortcomings and point to DJI.

My gut feeling is that output module has not been used extensively for flying. Many like me have used it to get the first person view but still use RC controller and monitor for alerts and details.

Many have used HDMI module for using output on a large screen.

It looks the output of HDMI module is not fully developed for flying the aircraft. Let's find out its shortcomings and point to DJI.
I use an external 7" monitor in tandem with the an iPhone 6+ to defeat the glare when shooting video. The alert box on the iPhone changes to no signal, I control the camera etc from the app as best I can but often can't see well, such that a couple of weeks ago I dropped the Phantom into the ocean. I have tried sunshades with the iPhone in combination with anti glare screen protector but still can't see the video worth a ****. I haven't tried the FVP goggles as I like to maintain sight of the Phantom. I have to say thought that sometimes after looking at the screen I have difficulty to require sight of the Phantom. In some cases I have had to resort to RTH.

You loose the sense of the location very easily with goggles unless you are very familiar with the area down below. There are signs on the goggle view about how far you have gone but still difficult to judge your exact location. I wish we get something like radar.

I wear the headplays and you get an arrow on the display showing you were your homepoint is you also get the signal strength bars so easy to see at a glance.I wouldn't go flying without the hp's its like being in the cockpit of the quad and don't find the view disorienting at all infact the opposite.

Reactions: Phantazmk
I wear the headplays and you get an arrow on the display showing you were your homepoint is you also get the signal strength bars so easy to see at a glance.I wouldn't go flying without the hp's its like being in the cockpit of the quad and don't find the view disorienting at all infact the opposite.
Interesting. You seem to be an expert pilot.

I don't have headplay but used fatshark goggles and it's amazing how much you feel connected to the craft. I really feel I'm a much better pilot using the goggles. Left is always left etc. It may not be for everyone. It's very immersive, I have to lean against something solid or sit down so I don't lose my sense of balance.

Reactions: Rocket_Aus
I don't have headplay but used fatshark goggles and it's amazing how much you feel connected to the craft. I really feel I'm a much better pilot using the goggles. Left is always left etc. It may not be for everyone. It's very immersive, I have to lean against something solid or sit down so I don't lose my sense of balance.
Which model of Fatshark do you use? I am in Singapore and getting stuff shipped here can often be troublesome customs wise and expensive. I was in a RC Aircraft store and they had so I just left.
They were priced at S$525.00 which equates to around US$375 which I thought a little low as I had an idea the Fatsharks were a lot more expensive than that so wondered if they might be an old version so just left them and meant to do more research. I could see how flying might be a bit easier with the left always being left, one of the issues I have once the Quad is over 50 -60 meters away is determining the heading, as in my earlier message glare is a major issue here .

Fatshark Dominator V3 price varies from vendor to vendor. I had bought it at $314, others are selling in US at 349.

I am still waiting for my Accupix Mybud, I guess it would be better and cheaper for that resolution. I paid $199 for it.

Reactions: Flyer91
Fatshark Dominator V3 price varies from vendor to vendor. I had bought it at $314, others are selling in US at 349.

I am still waiting for my Accupix Mybud, I guess it would be better and cheaper for that resolution. I paid $199 for it.

I'll be interested to read how these work out for you ... especially if you're farsighted (as many of us get as we pass our late 40's... and beyond :() and decide to have prescription/reading glass lenses made up to fit their included dummy frames.
These look to be the best bet for 2D, 3D and VR, that can use an HDMI input.

I'll be interested to read how these work out for you ... especially if you're farsighted (as many of us get as we pass our late 40's... and beyond :() and decide to have prescription/reading glass lenses made up to fit their included dummy frames.
I will definitely give my feedback to all.

I was using dominator v1 with my p1 and still use them with p2. I haven't used them with p3 I'm ordering some cheap vr goggles that I can fit Note 4 into and use hdmi for the video feed. I have litchi app so I want to take advantage of the VR mode. Resolution on the fat sharks dominator 1 is pretty bad. I'm 59 and thankful still have good eyesight. Headplay goggles will be my next choice if the VR route doesn't work out.

I got my Accupix Mybud. Not yet used to fly my P3 but tested it.

It looks better than Fat Shark Dominator v3, results are more promising. It's screen display looks much bigger than D v3. It's lighter.

I need to wait for field results before giving ok. But yes it's worth taking to the field.

ok so ive been playing with the hdmi module and the hobby king fpv goggles. Flyer91 and I have the same setup. What I've noticed is when I use those goggles with hdmi output from my tablet, it works great with the white HDMI2AV HDMI to video adaptor. The white adaptor does not require a seperate usb power input. But...when I use the HDMI out from the board, its a no go. I have to use a black HDMI2AV adaptor (same as the white one just by looking at it but innerds must be different) plus a USB power input to the black HDMI2V. So the HDMI board must have a different output (no 5vdc?) than a tablet HDMI output. I know, thats clear as mud. I can add some pics later. Thoughts? Flyer91-Im using the goggles with2 fresnel lenses...eqasier on the nearsightedness.

HDMI output of the module easily connects with dominator V3 and Mybud

I tried Accupix Mybud in the field to get first view of the flying experience. Points noted:

1. Its an excellent Goggle for connecting to HDMI output. It automatically sets the format based on the input signal such as 720p, 1080p etc. Fat Shark Dominator V3 can go only up to 720p.

2. Its picture quality seems to be much better than Dominator V3. I didn't see any pixels, video was very smooth. It shows like 100' screen TV

3. Battery life appears to be 8 hours, which is enough to go on to the field.

4. Its price is very reasonable $199 from eBay

New ACCUPiX Mybud 3D Viewer 100" Head Mounted Display Virtual Screen - Black

This supplier thrown in free an HDMI cable + HDMI to mini HDMI adapter

5. It has battery charger too which is missing in case of Dominator V3

6. Needs little time to adjust on eye and nose. It has additional dummy glasses frame.

7. It has 2D, 3D and 2D->3D modes. You can watch 3D movies on it :)

I am happy with it.

Reactions: ojaysam
I tried Accupix Mybud in the field to get first view of the flying experience.

I am happy with it.
Thanks for the review. Been anxiously awaiting someone with a P3 and precious FPV goggle experience to give a comparison. Also had that same seller watched on eBay....just was a little hesitant given his feedback score.

How is the fit with preventing outside light? Noticed it has a light shield accessory.

can my bud be used with glasses for those of us with old eyes? $199 seems very reasonable.

Thanks for the review. Been anxiously awaiting someone with a P3 and precious FPV goggle experience to give a comparison. Also had that same seller watched on eBay....just was a little hesitant given his feedback score.

How is the fit with preventing outside light? Noticed it has a light shield accessory.
It was not very bright light as sky was full of clouds, I could easily see the picture on Mybud. You can always wear a cap to cover it more.

The only problem is I'm not used to the navigation mark on the screen. I will have to understand it thoroughly as there are chances of losing the location. I wish there was a radar into it too :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers