HDMI issues

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
HeadPlay Users: I was having problems with my range and video whilst using my HeadPlay. Apparently, the internal HeadPlay transmitter was causing major interference especially on lower channels. I would drop Lightbridge at less than half a mile. I discovered this by simply killing power to the HeadPlay....power off, all is well, range and video were restored. The solution was to open up the HeadPlay and disconnect the transmitter power cable from the main board. Now my range is back to normal. I only fly with HDMI cabled Phantoms, so I don't need the HeadPlay transmitter....can reconnect if I need it later.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Having run some more tests today, it is clear that something is interfering with the video feed. It seems to be much worse when set to video, rather than photo mode (independent of whether video is recording), and also appears to vary between different batteries (or at least between different flights).

Since only those with HDMI modules seem to be reporting this, it is, presumably, a problem with the combination of the latest firmware and the HDMI module. Has anyone confirmed that replacing it with the stock module cures the problem?

Just updated my P4 to the latest fw and my controller to 1.6. When I'm using my headplay glasses over hdmi out, my fpv video in DJI go will cutout or go solid green with my drone close by. Is anyone else having fpv video issues in DJI go when using the hdmi module?
I had to disconnect the transmitter board inside my HeadPlay goggles and this eliminated the troubles. I was getting major interference, especially on lower channels. I could easily see this in the GO app when my HeadPlay was powered up. I took the HeadPlay apart and disconnected the transmitter board.....problem disappeared.

I figured it was the head play interfering with it too. So I left it (head play) at the house. The DJI go app still was turn on to split video signal. When I flew, the video on the iPad mini 4 was all chopped and freezing up.

Took the Hdmi module back out put original board back in, no more freezing up screen with green lines and stuff in the video.

When Hdmi module was installed any time you used the gimbal wheel to move camera up and down the video went all black and green, unusable. I hope a firmware update fixes this problem.

Reactions: sar104
The only way I have found to fix the screen issue is to set the video channel mode to custom and <6Mbps...this is a work around rather than a fix but it eliminated the video feed issue.

Any indication of an imminent fix? If not then I guess I'll be removing the HDMI module for now.

DJI just keeps telling people to lower the video signal to <6 so I'm guessing they have no solution other than that, I don't know if this is something they can fix with an updated FW or its a hardware issue that they can't fix without some kind of recall.

DJI just keeps telling people to lower the video signal to <6 so I'm guessing they have no solution other than that, I don't know if this is something they can fix with an updated FW or its a hardware issue that they can't fix without some kind of recall.

Hard to see how it can be a hardware problem since it was working fine before the most recent app update.

Hard to see how it can be a hardware problem since it was working fine before the most recent app update.

Fair enough... I guess we'll both have to wait to see what they do..??? But I do know that my P3P doesn't have the HDMI issue with the same App.

Fair enough... I guess we'll both have to wait to see what they do..??? But I do know that my P3P doesn't have the HDMI issue with the same App.

On second thoughts I can't remember which update brought on the problem - but either way the P4/RC/HDMI module/iPad combination was working fine until recently.

Strangely I was unable to replicate the issue at all this evening. Yesterday it was really unstable.

On second thoughts I can't remember which update brought on the problem - but either way the P4/RC/HDMI module/iPad combination was working fine until recently.

Strangely I was unable to replicate the issue at all this evening. Yesterday it was really unstable.

For me it was the last RC update.

HeadPlay Users: I was having problems with my range and video whilst using my HeadPlay. Apparently, the internal HeadPlay transmitter was causing major interference especially on lower channels. I would drop Lightbridge at less than half a mile. I discovered this by simply killing power to the HeadPlay....power off, all is well, range and video were restored. The solution was to open up the HeadPlay and disconnect the transmitter power cable from the main board. Now my range is back to normal. I only fly with HDMI cabled Phantoms, so I don't need the HeadPlay transmitter....can reconnect if I need it later.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Good idea, probably saves some power drained from the battery as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj