Hdmi board

Reaction score
can you run ur iPad and headplay goggles at the same time on the board? And is there a setting in the dji go app for the hdmi to the goggles

Yes, you can use both.
There are settings for the HDMI module that appear in GO app after a re-update of the RC.

I installed the HDMI module on a P3 that was already 1.3.2. First time I started it with hdmi module, the app asked for an update of the controlle, saying it was 1.2.6+. I have done the update through the GO app and get back the version 1.3.2.
After that I get new settings in the app related to the HDMI. I will post a screenshot.

Here is the screenshoot.

Attachments

• 1440929853353.jpg
    1440929853353.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 458
Reactions: bobmyers
Thnx for your help! did you say you went back to the same firmware that is on the drone on the controller

There is on more thing, when I try to reinstall the firmware on drone to make sure that isn't the problem it starts blinking green and red like it is suppose to then it goes a solid red and stays red till the battery about runs out. I check the card on the computer and it says success, but the date is way off. Does that help?

So this is all of it in a nutshell ! When I'm in video mode I hit record and the screen goes black, records for 1 sec , screen goes black and switches to camera mode and I loose signal on controller for a short period of time. I'm able to fly on camera mode , the signal isn't as strong, I cant see no where near as far . I have headplay goggles that wont work anymore, blue screen, all my settings are like Dronason sent me on my ipad. when I redo the firmware it stays solid red but says its a success but date is way off and I'm getting a compass error reading every other time I use it which fixes when you restart the controller or drone. IS THERE ANYWAY TO RESET EVERYTHING TO WHEN IT WAS NEW AND START OVER ? I have switched out antennas, switched out light bridges , tried different controllers, different ipads, iphones ect..

Here is the screenshoot.
I installed mine today also and got the same message. I was already on 1.3.2. Touch on the upgrade notice and it will give you the opportunity to upgrade the controller again. Make sure you have more that 50% battery per the instructions and Hit Start upgrade. Mine upgraded again 1.3.2 and after the upgrade, rebooted everything and all showed to be normal.

Thnx for your help! did you say you went back to the same firmware that is on the drone on the controller
As the app don't report the version of the drone and controller independently, I just noticed that the version had become older after the HDMI addition. Before drone and controller where to latest, 1.3.2. So I updated only the controller back to 1.3.2.

There is on more thing, when I try to reinstall the firmware on drone to make sure that isn't the problem it starts blinking green and red like it is suppose to then it goes a solid red and stays red till the battery about runs out. I check the card on the computer and it says success, but the date is way off. Does that help?
The drone has probably no good GPS signal and its internal clock start from some default value like 1st January 2008. I had already observed that during upgrade.

So this is all of it in a nutshell ! When I'm in video mode I hit record and the screen goes black, records for 1 sec , screen goes black and switches to camera mode and I loose signal on controller for a short period of time. I'm able to fly on camera mode , the signal isn't as strong, I cant see no where near as far . I have headplay goggles that wont work anymore, blue screen, all my settings are like Dronason sent me on my ipad. when I redo the firmware it stays solid red but says its a success but date is way off and I'm getting a compass error reading every other time I use it which fixes when you restart the controller or drone. IS THERE ANYWAY TO RESET EVERYTHING TO WHEN IT WAS NEW AND START OVER ? I have switched out antennas, switched out light bridges , tried different controllers, different ipads, iphones ect..
Actually I have not try a flight with the HDMI installed, my glasses should arrive tomorrow. Only played little with it at home to check assembly. Will tell you results and see if I get same issue.

I cant get my drone to do the firmware update, blinks green and red for a minute and goes solid red
In the .txt file on the SD, did it say fail or success?
If it was already 1.3.2, it should not redo it and the process should be short.

On mine, if I retry to upgrade, I get this:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Date is wrong as it cannot get GPS in my home.
The LED on camera from power-up:
- Fast blinking green for several seconds
- Steady green for a few second
- About one second solid red
- Finish in solid green.

Last edited:
it says aborted, it flashes green red for 20 secs then goes solid red and makes the steady sound of red. I give up, I'm going to take it off hover it around 40 ' and shoot it 5x times with buck shot. thnx for everyones help because you sure as sh.t aren't getting any from DJI ! Customer service is as bad as it gets !

My You tube channel is Hunter Clark Drones, I push the drone hard for work keeping the birds from eating my fish . This happened after 3 flights and DJI said send it back 12 weeks

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
this is what it does everyday, I'm all ears for suggestions

Did you try to redownload the firmware from DJI site and use another memory card or to reformat it?
Alternative would be to downgrade to an older version and then try to reinstall the latest version, I have never tried it.
What is exactly written in your text file after upgrade?
Apart that, there could be also a hardware issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31