Hawaiian Air

Reaction score
Hi all, flying out to Hawaii on Hawaiian air, is any one aware of any issues bringing a Phantom on a Hawaiian Air flight. I've flown Southwest without issues before, but each airline has their own rules. Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

This is directly off their website:

haair.PNG

I would make sure that the batteries were at 30-50 percent when boarding. That is safer than transporting fully charged batteries of this type.

Also, print a copy of this policy grid and bring it with you. If you have an issue, you can politely show it to the agent explaining that this is their airline's policy off their website. Sometimes they are unaware of their own rules.

TSA and airline personnel love Lipo battery bags too, and they offer maximum safety. They can be found here: Amazon.com: 2-Pack Rosefray Safe Bag Battery Explosion-proof Protective Bag for DJI Phantom 3 / 4 /4PRO /4PRO+: Camera & Photo

Aloha!

Reactions: Baddron
This is more about TSA than Hawaiian Air, I travel HA 12 times a year but again, it's about TSA

The key is to carry on when possible, TSA prefers carry-on. If you check the drone in instead, charge battery to about half or a little more. xstream charged or dischared makes the battery less stable. TSA will open then power up the drone so it can't be 100% discharged.

Carry on they may or may not open the case and may or may not power the drone on. 6 times I have carried 1 sometimes 2 drones and not once have they opened the drone cases.

One more thing for good practice I bought the "Abaige Fireproof LiPo bags. Both the individules bags and the 4 battery size to hold the 4 individuals bags and batterys. These make me feel more comfprtable and YES TSA has opened these and pushed the battery level buttons. I have been thanked for using these bags.

Most of this info came form my good TSA friend who spoke to several of his colleagues and they all agreed.

Curiois: Which Island?

Going to Maui. I've never been there before, so going without my drone is just not an option. I am really hoping to capture some of that legendary tropical beauty I hear so much about.

I've flown to Kauai via Honolulu.... no problems at all. I had my phantom in a thinktank heliport bag and my batteries in thier own fire proof bags in the back pack. All was good.....

Thank you all. I didn't have any issues. TSA didn't even open my backpack when I went through security. Just ran it through the scanner and that was it.

I flew from Washington to Phoenix, and was forced to check my Microraptor case. Someone (TSA) did open my case, which I would be fine with
me, but when I got back home, they must of had the Remote out, and didn't put it back into the case properly and broke my stock antenna.
So if you use a case, I would tape the antenna down, so they don't move around, so the monkey that opens the case
doesn't have to think too much about how the remote sits in there, or if the case doesn't want to close, JUST FORCE IT thoughts
don't happen, and could save your remote.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen