Hawaii Park Ranger's Use of Taser Justified

Yikes, the Ranger used a Taser on the drone flyer, and the judge is ok with that?

A little harsh on both counts I would say - then a grand for a fine to boot - ouch! So it's open season for those guys to use their Taser as they see fit I guess. Would like to see a pic of the Ranger - maybe a little too heavy to run after the guy.

Sure the drone guy broke the rules, and should pay the fine! Why run away - that seems a little nutty? Don't agree for one second however as to the excessive force used IMO as to stopping him.

Tasers have been a "deadly force" on more than one occasion - wouldn't that have been a hell of a price to pay for flying where you shouldn't be flying.

Yikes, the Ranger used a Taser on the drone flyer, and the judge is ok with that?

A little harsh on both counts I would say - then a grand for a fine to boot - ouch! So it's open season for those guys to use their Taser as they see fit I guess. Would like to see a pic of the Ranger - maybe a little too heavy to run after the guy.

Sure the drone guy broke the rules, and should pay the fine! Why run away - that seems a little nutty? Don't agree for one second however as to the excessive force used IMO as to stopping him.

Tasers have been a "deadly force" on more than one occasion - wouldn't that have been a hell of a price to pay for flying where you shouldn't be flying.

I'm completely OK with it. The drone pilot put his fate in his own hands when he escalated a situation that could've been resolved by politely apologizing and landing his drone.

Instead, he refused to land, refused to identify, and when told he was being put under lawful arrest, decided to flee.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I'm completely OK with it. The drone pilot put his fate in his own hands when he escalated a situation that could've been resolved by politely apologizing and landing his drone.

Hmmm - I didn't see where he refused to land? Running away was nutty also I agree - but a Taser to stop him - yikes. That's a little on the excessive use of force IMO!

"Sanders had been charged with two other counts of violating a lawful order for initially refusing to land his drone, then refusing to identify himself or produce identification. He had also been charged with violating National Park rules for launching and flying a drone in the park."

Reactions: QuadBart

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie