Having troubles with Multiple Flight Modes...

Reaction score
Good Evening. Sorry for the long post... I've had my P3S for a few weeks now and love it. However, when I attempt to use the Intelligent Flight Modes by going into the settings menu in the DJIGo app, the quadcopter automatically switches to ATTI Mode and will not change into any other mode no matter which position the S1 switch is in [I start this operation with the S1 in the upward most position (P-Mode)]. The only way I can regain the use of the GPS is to go back into the settings and restrict the use of the Intelligent Flight Modes. Once I do that, it goes right back into P-Mode and everything works great.I've tried this in multiple locations with the same result. I contacted DJI Support with no luck. After emailing back and forth for three weeks, they basically blamed it on my phone since it's not on their list of approved devices and said, "Have a nice day." Does this sound right?

BTW, I'm using an Motorola Moto Z Force with Android 7.0. My DJI app is 3.1.5 version 1.8.10.

Yes. That's when everything starts going south. As soon as I flip the switch in Settings, the alert that it's in ATTI Mode pops into the screen. S1 is in the top position (P-mode) and it'll be showing 10 satellites. But no P-Mode. I flip S1 switch to all positions with no change in status. If I go back into Settings and turn Multiple Flight Modes off, everything goes right back to P-Mode.

Yes. That's when everything starts going south. As soon as I flip the switch in Settings, the alert that it's in ATTI Mode pops into the screen. S1 is in the top position (P-mode) and it'll be showing 10 satellites. But no P-Mode. I flip S1 switch to all positions with no change in status. If I go back into Settings and turn Multiple Flight Modes off, everything goes right back to P-Mode.
Sorry, you mentioned intelligent flight modes in your first post and that is a separate function not related to multiple flight modes. If you are seeing multiple satellites out in the open, maybe consider deleting and reinstalling the app or try another device to prove your current device is one way or the other.

UPDATE! So, after going around and around with DJI and basically having them blame my phone and wash their hands of the issue, I ventured forth in my own to see what it could be. I tried multiple devices (both approved and non-approved) with no change in results. I even bought Litchi thinking that it could be DJIGo. It did the same thing. I decided that it had to be in the controller, either a bad S1 switch or a loose connection. I opened it up and discovered that the plug where the switch connected to the board was loose. After reconnecting and closing the controller back up, all is well. And, I'm very happy with Litchi, too.

Reactions: mdowney58

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic