Having trouble with standard 3

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. A local liquidation store got in a shipment of phantom 3 standard drones. I believe they came from a bestbuy somewhere. I flew the drone fine for a week or so. I had my first crash and it broke just the tip off one of the props. Against better judgement I thought I'd try to still fly it with a damaged prop. It didn't go so well, it started to take off and I couldn't get it to return and couldn't control it. I had to shut off the motors at 50-60' of elevation and came crashing to the ground. Everything seemed fine on the drone itself besides a couple dents and scratches but it broke part of the gimbal. I found the part on eBay and ordered and replaced the broken part. It was the gimbal base cover. I didn't replace any of the wiring because it all seemed to look fine. So after replacing the broken parts I have turned it on for the first time and a software update was required. I updated the software and I have no connection to the camera or drone itself on the DJI go app. I can fly the drone by manually taking off and landing but cannot view the drone on the app. It is also saying no internet connection now when I am connecting to the wifi on the drone.

What I am wondering is if I have more broken parts than I thought? Should I have replaced the cables when I had the cover apart? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure if it would be covered under a warranty where I bought it from a liquidation type store instead of an actual authorized dealer.

After a crash, it's a good idea to recalibrate the IMU and compass. In fact, some people say you should start from scratch and re calibrate the controller too.

Re "no internet connection", it may simply be your device advising you that the wifi signal you're trying to connect to is not an internet connection - which is normal.

Re the connection, you should look in your manual and follow the instructions for binding the controller to the camera. Your manual is found online at dji.com.

If the wires leading from the camera or gimbal up and into the bird were torn from the board, that would be a problem.

Reactions: dirkclod
Before the crash/firmware update it never said anything about "no internet connection" on my phone. This is new.

When trying to link my controller to my drone I have read in the manual to press the small button next to the battery on the drone, it flashes red, then holding the camera gimbal "down" and rocking the switch up and down until it starts beeping. I believe I am doing this right after watching a bunch of YouTube videos and reading the manual. I left it like this for about 5 minutes and still never connected to the drone.

Let's take one step at a time.

You turned on the AC. You pressed the link button. Did it blink red?

I have a P3S and to connect the drone to the controller, power up both drone and controller. If the controllers light stays red, turn the drone upside down in your hand and there is an activation button beside the battery. If it is red, use a small pin to push the button in once and it will turn green and the red light on the controller will also turn green. The drone and controller should now be connected.
As for your no internet, if your device is connected to Internet via wifi and you connect to the controller, you lose internet connection. It's best to connect to Internet through cellular and then connect to the controller via wifi.

Sent from my arse using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan