Having to much fun with my P2V+

That dirt video is painful to watch! Sorry for your loss Phxbird. That sucks.

Awright here's my latest set up.

Here I got the Maxx mounted to my controller with the original ITELITE on there too. It's stable! It doesn't shake or wobble or anything and I can walk around with it in my hand. I'm using a folding table here because I didn't have the tripod mount done yet. Note that the two antennas are on a perfect plane. Note the cookie sheets. I'm hoping they might add some range. My wife doesn't know I got 'em out there yet. Haha.

View image: DCP 6989

Here's a good shot at the hole between the trees I'm aiming through.

View image: DCP 6993

I got two and a half miles yesterday and turned around with four bars. And I got a little P2V!

Yep, I'm using the original ITELITE mount, all bent up, to hold the Maxx. The other end is bolted to the 3D bracket. It ain't pretty, but it works!

View image: DCP 6995

Of course, it would wobble without additional support. And just by coincidence, the other little steel piece from the original ITELITE bracket - the one with the wing nut - that little screw will screw right into the 3D bracket in the hole that already exists. And it happens to be the perfect position to sort of hold the Maxx like a claw. I put a little duct tape on there to keep it from scratching the Maxx until I figure something else out.

View image: DCP 6997

It's actually rock steady when I walk around with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: phxbird57
So are you using the little panel fir the 5.8?

Here I got the Maxx mounted to my controller with the original ITELITE on there too. It's stable! It doesn't shake or wobble or anything and I can walk around with it in my hand. I'm using a folding table here because I didn't have the tripod mount done yet. Note that the two antennas are on a perfect plane.Note the cookie sheets. I'm hoping they might add some range. My wife doesn't know I got 'em out there yet. Haha.

I got two and a half miles yesterday and turned around with four bars.

Yep, I'm using the original ITELITE mount, all bent up, to hold the Maxx. The other end is bolted to the 3D bracket. It ain't pretty, but it works!

Of course, it would wobble without additional support. And just by coincidence, the other little steel piece from the original ITELITE bracket - the one with the wing nut - that little screw will screw right into the 3D bracket in the hole that already exists. And it happens to be the perfect position to sort of hold the Maxx like a claw. I put a little duct tape on there to keep it from scratching the Maxx until I figure something else out.

That look pretty **** nice setup....

Reactions: Mark The Droner
So are you using the little panel fir the 5.8?
Yes sir. And I didn't want the 2.4 Maxx so close to my 2.4 tablet which is why I stuck that one down low.

That doesn't mean I'm not going to experiment further with the 5.8 16 turn IBCrazy helical some more.

This is my current setup on the drone and controller. I was able to make it 5207 ft to with.
IMG_20160525_120724763.jpg IMG_20160525_120904692.jpg IMG_20160525_120911986.jpg IMG_20160525_120918017.jpg IMG_20160525_120925469.jpg
I've now modified the controller and changed out the antenna and added a wind surfer to the antenna on the range extender.
IMG_20160525_193006099.jpg
See that this antenna was able to get me 5200ft with out a wind surfer and add the same antenna on to the controller I'm hoping this will insure a solid mile range if not more.

Here I got the Maxx mounted to my controller with the original ITELITE on there too. It's stable! It doesn't shake or wobble or anything and I can walk around with it in my hand. I'm using a folding table here because I didn't have the tripod mount done yet. Note that the two antennas are on a perfect plane. Note the cookie sheets. I'm hoping they might add some range. My wife doesn't know I got 'em out there yet. Haha.

I got two and a half miles yesterday and turned around with four bars. And I got a little P2V!

The cookie sheets are a new prototype wind surfer. and I was wondering where my tire chuck went too.

Phoenix, just get you a 15 turn,the terminator and some dipoles and that p2v+ will be half way to Texas!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1464237341.615761.jpg

Reactions: phxbird57
Phoenix, just get you a 15 turn,the terminator and some dipoles and that p2v+ will be half way to Texas!View attachment 55092
Let me clean up the drool from my keyboard. ok your twisting my arm I'm going to push them two together and Mail man said Wednesday I should have a package from Pro :cool:. See the sweet thing about having 3 controllers is I can change up. If I what to fly around ( check the neighbor ladies out) I can use this controller. If i want to fly over to drop something off for you I can switch out for the Desert Storm with the Db series howitzer.:eek:

Reactions: dirtybum
What you doin up at this ungodly hour Pheonix? I was taking apart my p3p to see if anything was popped loose inside the board! Those p3 shells are a pain!! Wont be next time though cause I dremeled off all the tabs that lock the two halves together[emoji41]

can't sleep. I have not had to do anything with my P3a yet. I've send it in 2 times since I got it in Dec. First was bad motor, Second was a crank upper case.

need to get to bed I'm suppose to help a friend out with a real estate. His doing a video of the house for sale. It seen like every time you are by you self some one comes up and wants to talk to you while your flying about something. My job keep them away.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic