UPDATE SOLUTION Having real problems finding an SD card to work with P3 Standard

Reaction score
As the title states I'm struggling to find an Sd card that will work with my Phantom 3 Standard.

I had problems with cheap eBay sd cards but put that down to the cards likely being fake rubbish. So i went to reputable place and bought a genuine Sandisc Ultra 16GB micro sd card but still docent want to work. It just comes up invalid SD and it then won't allow me to format in the Phantom via DJI app.

I then decided to format the card in my computer ( tried all different formats available ) and even tried formatting it in my phone but still it will not work

It seems the only card that will work was the supplied 8GB Sandisc ultra that comes with the P3 Standard, Unfortunately mine is long gone along with my go pro..... long story

I have asked around local groups/forums to see if someone even has an original supplied 8GB they no longer use as i would be happy enough with that, just need one that works

The thing is I'm actually selling the drone as I'm going the be getting the DJI Mavic :) but i wouldn't sell it without a working sd card as the buyer will likely think the drone is faulty when it seems every sd card they try won't work with the Phantom but work fine with everything else, as thats what it looks like but know its not as the original was always the only sd card that would work.

It sounds as if the SD reader in your P3 has gone faulty......if all the cards are working in other equipment, that rules out any problem with the cards.

as i said i know thats how it sounds but the original sd always worked fine even though all others wouldn't

I tried a bunch of different cards before i lost my supplied 8GB when i was just wanting larger memory

I'm new at this but I've been following your post. Try doing a Google search for (dji required Phantom 3 Standard sd card) where you will be able to review past forum talks in reference to your SD Card problem

I had the same problem, I bought a used P3A from someone without an SD card. I bought a new cheap sd from local retailer, and that wouldnt work so I assumed it was the gimbal board that was bad. Somehow I rethought it and guessed that it just might be a fickle SD reader, so I went and bought a few different cards to see if they would work. I tried a Sandisc that finally worked.

Try some more cards as long as you can return them. It might be your SD card reader being fickle, but trying a few different SD cards will be cheaper than replacing you gimbal board. Now I always keep a few different SD cards laying around in case I get a Phantom that has a fickle reader.

SD cards.jpg

Maybe try reformatting the card

Sent from my SM-G900P using PhantomPilots mobile app

" It just comes up invalid SD and it then won't allow me to format in the Phantom via DJI app.

I then decided to format the card in my computer ( tried all different formats available ) and even tried formatting it in my phone but still it will not work "

I had the same problem. I tried many different brands that had the 10 on them, but only the SD card that came with the drone would work. I even tried the exact same brand and line, but a larger capacity and that wouldn't work. The card that finally worked for me was this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008HK1YAA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried all sorts of programs on the computer for formatting the other cards, but DJI go would never allow them to be formatted. They worked fine in cameras and computers though.

I've got a 256gb card in mine now. I get a warning that I should format it but it works fine.

I still get the warning after I format it... Go figure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

UPDATE ! Finally got this sorted. After lots of head scratching i ended up fixing it. For some reason decided to copy an old video i previously recorded on my P3 Standard ( file was still original name ) to the new 16gb card i got i then put this in the drone and it worked, recording fine and then allowed me to format in the DJI APP ! When i put the card back into the computer it had created 2 new folders within the SD called DCIM and inside that 100 MEDIA. Cant believe how simple a problem this was in the end up. Battery is on charge for celebratory flight, its been a while !

UPDATE ! Finally got this sorted. After lots of head scratching i ended up fixing it. For some reason decided to copy an old video i previously recorded on my P3 Standard ( file was still original name ) to the new 16gb card i got i then put this in the drone and it worked, recording fine and then allowed me to format in the DJI APP ! When i put the card back into the computer it had created 2 new folders within the SD called DCIM and inside that 100 MEDIA. Cant believe how simple a problem this was in the end up. Battery is on charge for celebratory flight, its been a while !

I'll have to try that on some of my other cards, good find!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan