Having issues with Black Pearl 7ch FPV

Reaction score
I just hooked up my FPV system for the first time and I'm having issues with the video looking scrambled and scrolling. I have the following:

Phantom 2 Non-vision
IRC 600 MW 5.8G Transmitter
iOSD mini
7" Black Pearl Monitor (7ch)

I'm just using the stock antennas now to try to get signal, but I have the FPVLR 5.8 GHz antennas that I'll swap out once I get a clear picture.

As soon as I turn the GoPro on, the signal gets scrambled. I can't find what channel I'm supposed to be on. I tried Diversity and went through each of the channels. Channel 1 is the clearest, but it's still barely readable. Am I supposed to use the Rx modes with this setup? I couldn't find much information on it anywhere, unfortunately. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Make sure both gopro and black pearl are set to both NTSC or both PAL in the settings.

I just hooked up my FPV system for the first time and I'm having issues with the video looking scrambled and scrolling. I have the following:

Phantom 2 Non-vision
IRC 600 MW 5.8G Transmitter
iOSD mini
7" Black Pearl Monitor (7ch)

I'm just using the stock antennas now to try to get signal, but I have the FPVLR 5.8 GHz antennas that I'll swap out once I get a clear picture.

As soon as I turn the GoPro on, the signal gets scrambled. I can't find what channel I'm supposed to be on. I tried Diversity and went through each of the channels. Channel 1 is the clearest, but it's still barely readable. Am I supposed to use the Rx modes with this setup? I couldn't find much information on it anywhere, unfortunately. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Make sure both gopro and black pearl are set to both NTSC or both PAL in the settings.

Also make sure you are on band E and both Rx1/2 are no the same frequency for the diversity to work between both antennas on your monitor.

Well I figured out what the issue was. The ribbon cable was partially ripped and I didn't notice that before. When I tried to take the plug out, the ribbon completely ripped in half. Lovely. At least I had a spare. I ordered a few more just in case it happens again. Once I hooked it back up, everything worked perfectly. Thanks everybody for your help!

Apparently so. After I panicked for a few seconds, I remembered that there was a spare that came with the Phantom. I hooked it up and it worked just fine. Then I searched on the boards and found that I wasn't the only one that it happened to, so I ordered a couple more from here:

http://dragoncircuits.com/shop/h33d-replacement-cable/

I have normal size hands and it still took a bit of finagling to get it in there just right as it was a tight fit!

I found a good solution to help with them flimsy ribbon cables. There is a product called Sugra. which is a RTV silicone putty. That is great for making strain reliefs and lots of other uses. You just mead it with your fingers and put so of it on the cable and can even get in up and over the connecter that the ribbon goes in to on the usb plug. Then let it sit 24 hours to fully cure and no more broken or torn ribbon cables.

Or you could get one of the upgrade connectors that goes in to the back of the go pro. Then you also dont have to fuss with unpluging any time you want to take the sd card out to to plug in a charger to the usb port.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl