Having Fun In The Flight Simulator!

Reaction score
Today I finally ventured into the flight simulator. My goal is to try and orbit around an object while keeping the camera steady on the object. In the simulator the object was myself, but I suspect in the real world the stick inputs would be the same on any object. It was a lot harder than I thought and will take a lot of practice to nail it.

After a while I started flying around and decided to see how high I could go. At the 120 meter mark I got the "maximum altitude reached" warning as this is what I have set in the app. Hmm, I thought and went back in the app and set it to 500 meters.

Sure enough, it rose to 1640 feet and I got the warning again. Testing this several times I noticed the ascent rate was 11 MPH and took 1:45 and the descent rate was 6.5 MPH and took 2:47. Trying RTH at max alt. took 3:12 due to it slowing down at the end. Will try this in the real world (but not so high) and see if the ascent/descent rates are similar. I know that prevailing winds will have an effect on this.

I really wish I could switch views to the map so I could pretend that I was flying around my neighborhood.

IMG_0018_zpsayjengmn.jpg

Cheers!

Oh, and yes I did remember to reset my max altitude back to where it was.

Cool, I've not used that sim yet. I'm guessing you don't need to power on the phantom to use it correct?

That's very cool, I'll have to try the flight simulator on my inspire 1. Yep not played with it yet but will now, thanks for sharing;)

It is cool, I even tried to land on myself but it just went through me!
Lol:D I'll definitely have to try it now, sound good fun;) went through ya..... Brilliant :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20