Having DBS install Mod

Reaction score
Has anyone paid to have DBS install the DBS mod, and if so did they do a good job and how long did it take to get your RC back? Thank you [emoji846]

-"I may be tall but I want to feel even taller!"

I did mine last week and it took around 30 mins and was really easy to do

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I did it myself. Wasn't difficult. Watched video on the how to. Don't rush. Use the old saying, Measure twice, cut (or drill) once.

I'm not so concerned about the drilling as I am the electronics. The video shows that it's very sensitive and you need to be careful not to damage the surrounding components. Should I be worried at all?

I did it myself. Wasn't difficult. Watched video on the how to. Don't rush. Use the old saying, Measure twice, cut (or drill) once.
How does that dbs mob work for you? I haven't been out to far yet . today I made it out just over 600 ft and get her up to 400 ft up. Started loosing video signal at 380. I could of went futher out I have big open farm fields around my place but I got nervous lol

Has anyone paid to have DBS install the DBS mod, and if so did they do a good job and how long did it take to get your RC back? Thank you [emoji846]

From what ive heard, if you want him to do the installation, the whole process takes about a week. Also safe to assume he does a good install on it.

That being said, it is very easy to install yourself and i did it in about 30 min. the risk is there to mess up the connection. if you take your time scraping off the silicone carefully, you should be fine. just hot glue the connections down after installation. since you dont feel comfortable about the drilling, just make sure the wires are out of the way and drill from the inside of the controller instead of from the outside.

I think its possible some people who havent gotten results probably did the installation themselves and messed up the connections, doubt the person would admit it though.

Just take your time. An Exacto knife and tweezers will help it go smoothly.

The weather here has been crazy cold. Hopefully, the weekend will be better. It's KILLING me to have a new Phantom, with the mod, and cant even get out!

I made this DBS ITELITE v02 installation guide last night. For those of you who want to see a play by play with pics instead of a speed video. This is for the P3P/A not P3S.
DBS ITELITE MOD 02 P3P or A.docx

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31