Having a problem interpreting the lights

Reaction score
Hello all. My first of what will probably be many questions.
I just got my new Phantom Vision 2 days ago. New to flying any type of machine. Too cold here to go outside and play, so trying to get to know the phantom as much as I can in the house.

Here is my situation and question. When I turn the controller and the Phantom on, it goes through its warm up beeps and flashes. Then I get the two lights on the battery side slowly flashing yellow. If I place it near a window, the lights eventually flash green. However, once I start the motors, the other two lights immediately show a steady red, while to first two remain green. The question is, do I have a problem?

Thanks for reading.
Bill

That's normal. The lights turn to green and red to make it easier to tell the front of the helicopter from the back especially in low light.

-- Roger

Have you done the Compass Calibration at this point? You might want to have a look at the "Preflight Check List" that is in this P2V section of the Forum.

And...it does sound like things are as they should be....when you actually have the Phantom in the air, the red lights will indicate the front...or camera...or nose...end of the bird and the green ones will mark the back...or battery...end.

You should find the Phantom very easy to fly. Like you, I had NO prior hands-on experience with any kind of aerial RC crafts, but from the very first take off, things have gone very well. I applaud the time you are taking to review all the resources, tutorials, postings, etc. that pertain to your new Phantom. This will all pay off when the weather allows you to nervously take that First Flight...!! You will find that those lights are a great help in following the Phlight of the Phantom....without them, soon it would just be a dot in the sky....

Best of luck...

Thanks both to Jadebox and Topeeka. That puts me more at ease after reading all the horror stories. dJI certainly has not done the best job of explaining things.

I was all set to purchase the original Phantom when I found out about the Phantom Vision. I have a GoPro Black which I was going to use but when I saw the features on the Vision, I figured this was to way to. Now just waiting for some warm weather, but it will be awhile.

Banjonut said:
Thanks both to Jadebox and Topeeka. That puts me more at ease after reading all the horror stories. dJI certainly has not done the best job of explaining things.

I was all set to purchase the original Phantom when I found out about the Phantom Vision. I have a GoPro Black which I was going to use but when I saw the features on the Vision, I figured this was to way to. Now just waiting for some warm weather, but it will be awhile.

I found that watching DJI's video tutorials then going back to the PDF manual really helped.

-- Roger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj