Haven't used batteries for a while...

Reaction score
Hello. I have read up about having to discharge the batteries etc when not using them for a period of time. Well that's exactly the opposite of what i have done, left them mostly charged for about 4-5 months.

Could somebody suggest if i should discharge these or have I damaged them at all by looking at my screenshots?

Attachments

• dji battery 1.PNG
    dji battery 1.PNG
    84.4 KB · Views: 531
  • dji battery 2.PNG
    dji battery 2.PNG
    132.1 KB · Views: 482
If you're running the latest firmware on your batteries, they should auto discharge themselves to a safe storage level when not used. It appears that has happened since they are around 50% charged (which is a good storage level). When batteries are damaged due to storing them fully charged for a long period of time, the sides of the batteries normally become puffy and bulge out. If that hasn't happened, then they should be fine.

Reactions: ShawUK
Your batteries have done what they are suspose to. If they set and are not used for more than 10 days they will automatically slowly self discharge down to around 50 % which is where you want to store a lipo at. Most good pilots keep their batteries at that level until time to fly then they will top the up to 100% for flying.

Hello. I have read up about having to discharge the batteries etc when not using them for a period of time. Well that's exactly the opposite of what i have done, left them mostly charged for about 4-5 months.

Could somebody suggest if i should discharge these or have I damaged them at all by looking at my screenshots?
Yeah mine haven't been used in half a year, and I just charged them then flew my phantom.

Remember not all batteries will do this. None of my three support the firmware that does this. So I have to manually charge/discharge them to around 50%.

Your batteries look very well balanced. I would say safe to use.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic