Havent flown in 4 months

Reaction score
Hi there, its been a while since I have had time to get any flight time. Its been 5 or so months and I havent touched it not even to update. I want to fly later today and am wondering if there is anything majorly new or any problems with the recent updates. Anyone?

Hi there, its been a while since I have had time to get any flight time. Its been 5 or so months and I havent touched it not even to update. I want to fly later today and am wondering if there is anything majorly new or any problems with the recent updates. Anyone?

nothing updated on P2 plus for long while.
You most likely already have latest or even better 3.08 or 3.12 vs 3.14
They all work I just preferred 3.08 for mine.

You might as well update the Phantom - no harm done there! It mainly was adding in the odd restricted zone, like some palaces in China, and the occasional airport. I advise you do it if you have the time/are able to do it.

One big wake up call that's come about lately is DON'T FLY ON A BATTERY THAT'S NOT FULLY CHARGED. Otherwise you're risking a shut down and fall from the sky.

One big wake up call that's come about lately is DON'T FLY ON A BATTERY THAT'S NOT FULLY CHARGED. Otherwise you're risking a shut down and fall from the sky.
WHAT? I often fly batteries with 3 bars just because I am charging my dead spare on my one charger? Is this a risk for people who haven't flown for a while or everyone?

You might as well update the Phantom - no harm done there! It mainly was adding in the odd restricted zone, like some palaces in China, and the occasional airport. I advise you do it if you have the time/are able to do it.
some of the gps setting were messed with, not everything in update is documented around 3.12 to 3.14
my 3.08 p2 is faster lock than its twin on 3.12,, noticed immediately so never did second, my opinion anyhow but I see result weekly

Reactions: Baldrick
I have two and both are all upto date with all firmware and I have had no issues flying either. After all major updates I find that doing re calibrations of the IMU and compass seems to take care of any issues. A lot of pilots don't under stand the importance of keeping the IMU properly calibrated after a major update, a crash or even if you had to ship your quad out for repairs. The sensors are sensitive and need proper calibrations to maintain a proper flying quad. The second most important thing is to verify you have 6 or more satellites and have locked on to them. She'll always come home that way when you tell her.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl