Haven't been able to get my P3P in the air yet.

Reaction score
So I've had my Phantom 3 Pro for 3 days now, and have had nothing but problems since unboxing... It was purchased brand new off a verified dealer from ebay.

First problem was that I wasn't able to connect the RC to the aircraft (always said signal lost). After multiple times times trying to downgrade firmware, it eventually stuck and I was able to connect them.

Now that I've fixed that, my issue is that I (still) haven't had any sort of video, and every time I try to take off, it says "Activate Aircraft." Also, it has said "Motor Obstructed" since I've had it...

I've tried updating firmware onto the aircract several times, this last time I used an older version, hoping it would work. I've googled and googled to see how to "activate aircraft," and can't seem to find what I need.

After I downgraded the RC firmware, it always says update required, but I've read it's actually NOT required. The page that comes up always says I need to update everything (aircraft, camera, and battery) even though I'm sure I've uploaded all the firmware properly.

I've included a couple photos to show what I mean. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

I've looked for a thread that has my same problem, but never found anything. Everyone else seems to have been able to get theirs up in the air. :( Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161226-155150.png
    Screenshot_20161226-155150.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 358
  • Screenshot_20161225-185155.png
    Screenshot_20161225-185155.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 334
I notice you said "Activate aircraft" came up. Have you registered it yet with DJI? .
Until you've registered it you can't do a lot!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I notice you said "Activate aircraft" came up. Have you registered it yet with DJI? .
Until you've registered it you can't do a lot!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I was never sent to an activation/registration page in the app when I went through the Quick start guide, nor was I ever asked to name the drone.

Was it new or a refurb? In either case, if I got a "motor obstructed" message on a brand new machine, it would be going back to them asap for a refund and I would buy a new one straight from DJI. I hope they have a return policy.

Was it new or a refurb? In either case, if I got a "motor obstructed" message on a brand new machine, it would be going back to them asap for a refund and I would buy a new one straight from DJI.

It was supposed to have been brand new with a warranty.

But I thought it was strange, because I've only read of people getting that message after a crash.

Yes thats when that message normally appears. Who knows what else might be wrong with it, possibly SD card reader is not working right.

FWIW, unboxing a new P3 is not usually so complicated, as you will see if you get a really new one. Charge the batteries, might need to upgrade the FW (because there was just a new version that came out very recently 1.10), calibrate the compass, and then off you go!

What you are experiencing is not typical DJI quality, DJI qualtiy is usually great right out of the box. It sounds like a reboxed refurb, or a crashed refurb that wasnt gone over very well before they resold it.

If it were me, I wouldnt send it off to DJI, I would just return to the seller. Paypal will back you up if the seller gives you a hard time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.