Have Your Neighbors Made Their Property A No Fly Zone?

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
No Fly Zone
AirMap.io

I have neighbors who have done this already and I don't even fly near my house! :eek:

This allows your neighbors to list their home or apartment as a 'no fly zone' for free and DJI UAV's will possibly not fly there. This is ridiculous! Pretty soon all neighborhoods & land will become 'no fly zones' as this gets more public exposure. I guess since DJI partnered with them they don't want to sell UAV's in the future because many people won't have anywhere to fly.

I wonder what 3D Robotics is up to? Could be a wave of new customers for them!
They joined up with DJI so nope, they are all in the same boat.

Reactions: snerd
Once a few of our farmer friends discover this and prohibit their entire acreage, we'll be doomed for sure.

Last edited:
this is ridiculous. have about 5 houses in my area already. didn't think dji would pull this bs. are they geofenced? so you can't fly there at all?

While I don't think the FAA and its efforts will kill off the UAV hobby, this is dangerous. It will take nothing for the herds of terrified sheep to blast on Facebook and suddenly, every square inch is a NFZ. Ben Marcus needs to have his head examined and I could see DJI stock and others will take a huge nose dive if this happens to get out of control, I already watched three people not by a drone yesterday when the salesman at Best Buy told them they needed to register it. Which is not a big deal but mass hysteria NFZ is another matter. I even said it was only $5 and a few minutes to one guy looking at a Q500.

Will it won't effect me if the whole neighborhood signed up. Without a firmware update it doesn't matter what Air Map or No Fly Zone do.

NO THE SKY ISN'T FALLING!!

this is ridiculous. have about 5 houses in my area already. didn't think dji would pull this bs. are they geofenced? so you can't fly there at all?
When he wind dies down I am going to try to fly into the one near me and see what the app tells me. The P2 of mine is getting better all the time. Glad I kept it.

Reactions: MrTommy
Do you need to sign up to check your area?

Do you need to sign up to check your area?
Yes, with AirMap, the second link I posted in the first post. On that site, on the right side near the bottom is a check box to show the personal no fly zones.

Screen Shot 2016-01-01 at 4.51.34 PM✨.png

No Fly Zone
AirMap.io

I have neighbors who have done this already and I don't even fly near my house! :eek:

This allows your neighbors to list their home or apartment as a 'no fly zone' for free and DJI UAV's will not fly there. This is ridiculous! Pretty soon all neighborhoods & land will become 'no fly zones' as this gets more public exposure. I guess since DJI partnered with them they don't want to sell UAV's in the future because many people won't have anywhere to fly.

So basically, this would probably even work for entire municipalities and counties if the local governments get involved. Bad signs when a private business's get involved with setting up no fly zones--

which-- by the way--in the end will wind up "for profit" because all these "free listings" wont be free forever.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl